cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 41 of 54

Re: Firewall not turning on

Get support from only the support link above in useful links tab. Do not google the term .

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

marcefay
Contributor
Message 42 of 54

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO GET THIS PIECE OF TRASH OF PROGRAM OFF MY COMPUTER. I CAN'T EVEN UNINSTALL IT NOW. HOW DO IT OUT OF MY SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peacekeeper
Message 43 of 54

So

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

does not work? the MCPR program should remove it

karthiks
Former Member
Message 44 of 54

Marcefay,

There are missing windows Firewall registry keys on your machine , that’s why the windows firewall is not working so please let me know you speak English so that I can proceed on this issue further to give the fix.

cldebroux
Former Member
Message 45 of 54

This is correct.
Finaly, I have ask a Mc Afee Support technician to help me.

He says to me that Windows updates are not ruinning .

He correct the problem directly on, my PC.

Thanks all for your help.

Peacekeeper
Message 46 of 54

Did he give you an SR job number I am interested in what he actually did.

pd1
Contributor
Message 47 of 54

I wonder if those above have checked to see if their problems are still absent or if they have reoccurred?

I am having the very same problem. It first occurred about 10 days ago. On calling McAfee they were able to fix it remotely. It seemed to be fixed but then a week later (about 4 days ago) I began getting messages telling me I was at risk & Firewall was off. Though I switched it back on and the banner showed green, and Firewall "On", if I went into settings it was off and could not be turned on!

A further call to McAfee and they resolved it remotely again.

However, today (Sunday) it has reappeared. After a red warning telling me the computer is at risk as Firewall is off, I've switched it on.... banner is green etc but it is still off in settings. I tried to call McAfee's "24/7, 365 days a year" number but a message said ""you have reached us out of office hours!" (something of a contradiction in terms). A webchat conversation ensued with a Lady who tried to fix it but eventually resorted to telling me a virus had probably made its way into my computer and I would have to take out their £129.99 Concierge Gold service to get it fixed. I queried this as I have Anti-virus protection, supposedly, but she advised me that they were a seperate service & not attached to my anti-virus cover. I did not commit as I want to research the issue further before spending what will equate to almost £200 per annum to achieve what I thought my £59+ subscription should do. For some reason I am unable to do a system restore either as the computer restarts before it is complete.

I am very anxious about this as I have suffered from internet fraud in the past.

I will be calling McAfee again tomorrow to see what can be done. Nevertheless, this situation is unacceptable and I'm sure there must be a breach of trading standards if the Anti-virus software is not fit for purpose.

Message was edited by: pd1 on 02/12/12 13:28:54 CST

Message was edited by: pd1 on 02/12/12 13:29:17 CST
crystal
Former Member
Message 48 of 54

@ PD1

My issue arose because I had had a root viruse named Zero Access and was a big problem ... It took me about 3 weeks to clean it and feel fairly confident it is gone .... still crossing my fingers and doing all the scans I can

I had reinstalled my McAfee at that time  and all went smoothly and all apeared to be working .... it wasnt till recently I didnt think something was going right and was running all the scans again and the McAfee Virtual Tech had pointed out my firewall wasn't on ... I wasn't aware of it till then .... I hit a bit of a snag trying to reinstall McAfee and was having issues and had to delete a few of the other scanning tools I was running to get it to install ... There was a new version of the McAfee and looks abit Diff from the older one as well so was a bit of a pain there taking me 2 days to sort it out ......

It seems to be working very well so far and checking it all the time since the techs remotly worked on my PC

About the only thing that is bothering me atm is I lost my workgroup home LAN network since McAfee installed and still trying to fix that not cool when I'm working and cant even save my work on the LAN PC's Hard drive for the rest of the pc's in my house to use/see

pd1
Contributor
Message 49 of 54

@crystal

Thanks for the information, at least I am not alone!

I will call McAfee support tomorrow to see if it can be rectified remotely before seeking other options or outside help. Was your issue resolved by McAfee support without purchasing any further cover such as Concierge Gold? I am reluctant to spend any further coverage from McAfee as it seems wrong that the virus protection software has not detected any viral intrusion yet they require me to spend a lot more money with them to resolve the issue. This would suggest that their Virus protection is not performing the function that it should and which I rely on for security.

Peacekeeper
Message 50 of 54

Unsure re the concierge gold but if you have a virus Mcafee will remove it for $89. I am asking re your experience and also re the issue in our call tomorrow.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community