Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cldebroux
Former Member
Message 31 of 54

Re: Firewall not turning on

Hello.

Please excuses my poor english. I speak French.

I have the same Problem on All my PC's. ( 1 Tower and 2 Portables ). I have pass the Mc Affe Virtual technicien, and find 7 problem unsolved.

I have save the rapport in pdf file, but   I can sent it .

It miss 4 files  ( In page 63 ) File missiing McAfee Firewall Page 63.bmp.

and 1 COM composant and 1 Exe File Not running.( page 50-51 )

File missiing McAfee Firewall Page 50-51.bmp

And 1 services Stopped.

File missiing McAfee Firewall Page 65.bmp

I try to uninstall et reintall. Nothing change.

I would be possible that these files are missing in the upgrade install files ?

Thank to your help.

Peacekeeper
Message 32 of 54

I would uninstall then reinstall but First call support quoting the MVT run number and see what they say.

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

Tech support

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

de096628
Former Member
Message 33 of 54

Is there a number for support? Technician doesn't work on my computer. This is the only method I'm using to try and solve my problem.

Peacekeeper
Message 34 of 54

I gave you the tech support link pick set your country and follow the prompts. If you are in say the US but need a french speaker say so and they will arrange a call back.

crystal
Former Member
Message 35 of 54

MC5.jpg

I have been following this thread because I have the same Issue nobody has said what happens or how to fix  the windows firewall part if you dont have the files Karthiks mentioned

Go to Start > type  services.msc  and open in by clicking at the top of the pane

Once the services windows opens check for the below 2 services, if anyone or both are missing let me know

Base Filtering Engine

Windows Firewall Service

Mine arn't there also adding a pick of my firewall issue from McAfee

it all shows green and says its ok till you actually click to look at it
I have spent the hole day trying to fix this issue and have totally reinstalled McAfee from my account but still no joy it is still the same as I started with .... Also I have ran McAfee Virtual Tech .... it didnt help ... but is the only reason I didnt know it wasnt on to begin with.... there was no fix there  ..... Firewall won't stay on even if you click it on

I need more help as I can't work on my PC without protection .... "If its not on ... Its NOT on"

Crystal

Peacekeeper
Message 36 of 54

Please contact support and get them to remote in and see the green bar . This implies safe but firewall off does not.

So in services.msc you do not show windows firewall very strange. That is another reason to call. Both are there on My pC.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 27/11/12 8:56:10 PM

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 28/11/12 7:21:42 PM
marcefay
Contributor
Message 37 of 54

I can't even get mine to open anymore. I get a white frozen window. Probably have uninstall this program i bought.

Peacekeeper
Message 38 of 54

crystal
Former Member
Message 39 of 54

Thank you Peacekeeper, after a long afternoon on the phone to the tech this issue is fixed
  "Happy Camper"

WOW what a long problem to go through and the Techs are soo nice and patient .

Warning: to others though .... I did screw up and dial the wrong number and and nearly got scammed to buy service from a company that looked like McAfee toll free phone support page
1-888-766-8098 goes to microtechsupport.us NOT McAfee ... and the page I got it from did look like the McAfee   Antivirus Support  ..... My mistake but don't want others to make it as well.

Best Wishs
Crystal

karthiks
Former Member
Message 40 of 54

Crystal,

Glad your issue got fixed!!!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community