cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beatlefan
Former Member
Message 171 of 232

Re: Firewall keeps turning off

Tried fixit, but it didn't work.  It said that I needed to install some framework software, but when I clicked on the link to download the software, it came up that the web page didn't exist.

I plan to reinstall, but since, as I said above, it takes some time, I haven't done it as yet.

My question really was not about the role that Windows firewall plays when McAfee firewall is running, but rather what role does it play when McAfee firewall is not running.  Am I protected?

vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 172 of 232

Please install all windows update before attempting the fixit..  Windows firewall offers basic protection but is not sufficient for all uses . I would suggest you repair the operating system before attempting to put in a firewall/AV

Peacekeeper
Message 173 of 232

Any1 with MVT errors uninstall it and install a new version and report if same errors occur please.

beatlefan
Former Member
Message 174 of 232

I assume that mean to uninstall/reinstall MVT, not the entire McAfee AV, correct?

Are you expecting that an updated MVT will be able to fix the McAfee firewall problem?  I tried running MVT several days ago and then again yesterday and it couldn't fix firewall issues.  Has MVT been updated to fix the issue?

Peacekeeper
Message 175 of 232

Yes MVT. They mcafee say MVT working for them . Is your install 12.1 or 11.6 and if 12.1 is it a new install or upgrade from 11.6

beatlefan
Former Member
Message 176 of 232

My install is 12.1, Build 12.1.338.  It was a new install from my online account not the result of an update from 11.6.

Peacekeeper
Message 177 of 232

Ok good try the reinstall of MVT and report back I am on call with teh T3 boss now so if you can do this in next 20 minuttes I can report back to him.

beatlefan
Former Member
Message 178 of 232

No,I can't do it in the next 20 minutes.  I'm not at my home computer right now.  Best that I can do is to try it later tonight.

One other question, should I turn off Windows firewall before running the updated MVT?  Right now I have Windows firewall turned on.

Peacekeeper
Message 179 of 232

yes reset to the way it was as  let Mcafee firewall try to work

We talked about the firewall issue and the that fixit fails if there are permission issues these need to be fixed but at present Mcafee will not post them publically in case someone trashes their registry. A tech will be contacting some users and checking it works everytime then they will see what they do for all here.

nkiesow
Contributor
Message 180 of 232

Hello vinod_r2,

Unfortunately, that fixit doesn't work for me because "security center" is not listed in the services list... see below:

ScreenHunter_02 Jun. 17 19.50.gif

What should I do now?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community