Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rluu101
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Firewall keeps turning off

Jump to solution

I keep getting "Your computer is at risk" and then it says my firewall is turned off. I've read other posts but I'm either confused or everything that they suggested didn't work.Running and A

I ran services.msc

Everything is Running and Automatic except McAfee Firewall Core Service -- it is Running but on Manual. I try to change it to Automatic but it doesn't let me. The option is greyed out. Could this be the problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: Firewall keeps turning off

Jump to solution

I apologize for my delayed response, we had a Electrical outage in our area. Have you been experiencing these issues prior to today, or recently started? You mentioned that you went into Services. msc and noticed that your McAfee Firewall Core Service was set to 'Manual'.

I might add that is such the case with my settings as well. Please leave the start-up settings as is, tinkering with/or changing them can cause undesirable issues. Some are even set as 'Automatic' (Delayed) and for a reason.

I would check to see if your (Base Filtering Engine) and (Windows Firewall) are set to Automatic as well. McAfee works along side with Windows Firewall as you have ingoing/outgoing communication with a 3rd Party Firewall installed.

Make certain your Windows Updates and Add-ons are current. Even Internet Explorer as while one may not use as their default Browser, McAfee and vital programs/processes require it to be. You can also run the latest McAfee Virtual Technician  http://mvt.mcafee.com/ to check your software for issues and attempt to resolve them.

If all else fails, you can contact Technical Support 24/7 via Phone/Online Chat being much quicker.

Services and Support for Home and Office

All the Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

View solution in original post

2 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Moved to Personal Firewall > Discussions

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

I apologize for my delayed response, we had a Electrical outage in our area. Have you been experiencing these issues prior to today, or recently started? You mentioned that you went into Services. msc and noticed that your McAfee Firewall Core Service was set to 'Manual'.

I might add that is such the case with my settings as well. Please leave the start-up settings as is, tinkering with/or changing them can cause undesirable issues. Some are even set as 'Automatic' (Delayed) and for a reason.

I would check to see if your (Base Filtering Engine) and (Windows Firewall) are set to Automatic as well. McAfee works along side with Windows Firewall as you have ingoing/outgoing communication with a 3rd Party Firewall installed.

Make certain your Windows Updates and Add-ons are current. Even Internet Explorer as while one may not use as their default Browser, McAfee and vital programs/processes require it to be. You can also run the latest McAfee Virtual Technician  http://mvt.mcafee.com/ to check your software for issues and attempt to resolve them.

If all else fails, you can contact Technical Support 24/7 via Phone/Online Chat being much quicker.

Services and Support for Home and Office

All the Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community