cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 232

Re: Firewall keeps turning off

The fix is a registry addition why it is missing for some we mods are asking in our next call. that is if this is what karthiks used to fix the above issue.

What you do is open run button (start/run) and type services.msc and see if

To fix this issue, first we need to check BFE (Base Filtering Engine)

service & Windows Firewall service are running in Services.

They should be there and shown as started and automatic. If missing you need to call support

Tier 1 doesn't have the access to add the registry but they have a

tool which may or may not fix the problem. If the tool doesn't work then

the issue will get escalated to the next level.

Good luck.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 12 of 232

mevans842,

BFE & Windows Firewall services were removed only because of infections which in turn affected the McAfee firewall to be in a disabled state. The issue can be fixed by adding the BFE & Windows Firewall Services.

I am sure this issue can be fixed if you contact McAfee Support. If the Tier 1 unable to resolve the issue then you will be assisted by a Tier II support who will be able to fix the issue.

If you are from US -  contact McAfee in the phone (Toll Free) 1 866 622 3911

Other regions: http://service.mcafee.com/faq/country.html

aoski
Former Member
Message 13 of 232

I'm having the same problem. I get this Error when I try starting Base Filtering Engine:

StartBaseFilterEngineError.png

And this error when I try to start the firewall:

StartWindFireWallError.png

How do I fix this?

Peacekeeper
Message 14 of 232

Let karthiks read this and get back to you. If no contact here in a day I will chase him or another tech up though you calling support should get this fixed. if not escalating teh call to a higher level tech will fix things.

Another thought is have you tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it after a clean uninstall?

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

reboot and run

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe

and reinstall from your account

karthiks
Former Member
Message 15 of 232

aoski,

What is the operating system you are using on the affected PC ?

aoski
Former Member
Message 16 of 232

Windows 7

karthiks
Former Member
Message 17 of 232

In your issue need to make some modifications in the registry. I suggest you to contact McAfee Technical Support and get this resolved.

aoski
Former Member
Message 18 of 232

The issue turned out to be a problem with windows rather than McAfee. Windows 7 users with this problem, I suggest reading and following this board http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/464864/windows-firewall/ first before going to McAfee's customer support, otherwise you might just end up sitting their for an hour and a half making a tech support employee try to fix an issue that isn't really in their hands. If that doesn't fix it then contact McAfee.

celius
Former Member
Message 19 of 232

Lots have the same issue. I have just spent more then a hour talking to tier 1 supporters that asked me to do things I have done a thousand times before. They could not fixe it, so they said a Tier 2 would call, but not untill wednesday at 14.00. That don't help me, I can't take a day off to get a issue fixed. That would cost me more then buying a brand new antivirus 😕

So if anyone can help I'm ready to do anything

Have already tried everything I have found on this forum.

Peacekeeper
Message 20 of 232

Seems you need karthiks to call when you are home and adjust your registry that seems to be the best fix. Will suggest same at our mod call starting now.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community