cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steven323
Contributor
Message 1 of 232

Firewall keeps turning off

This message "Your computer is at risk" keeps appearing on my screen and I try to turn on my firewall, however it always turns off by itself. I'm on Windows 7, thanks for the help!

231 Replies
karthiks
Former Member
Message 2 of 232

Re: Firewall keeps turning off

steven323,

Go to start -> open Control Panel -> Change the Category view to small icons - > Open Windows Firewall

Take a screen shot and post it here.

Also check the versions of McAfee installed on your machine and update me the same

steven323
Contributor
Message 3 of 232

screen.PNG

karthiks
Former Member
Message 4 of 232

Try turning on the Windows Firewall, if you are unable to turn on follow the below steps

Open RUN window

Type services.msc and click on OK

Search for the below services and check it is present

Base Filtering Engine service

Windows Firewall service

If the above services are present, it should be in started and automatic

If you are unable to start or you do not see the above services update me the same

It would be great if you post the screen shot of the errors (When starting the services)

steven323
Contributor
Message 5 of 232

nothing.PNG

As you can see, I couldn't turn on my windows firewall  and I don't see Base Filtering Engine service or windows firewall service

karthiks
Former Member
Message 6 of 232

I have sent you a private message asking for some details, kindly reply me back with the details

steven323
Contributor
Message 7 of 232

I would like to thank Karthiks for helping me with my problem! I was worried at first, but he was very helpful and explained everything to me as we went by step by step. Thanks a million karthiks!

karthiks
Former Member
Message 8 of 232

Thank you so much steven, great day ahead

mevans842
Former Member
Message 9 of 232

How come you keep posting the answers in a PM.  I have the same issue my firewall keeps turning off I don't have windows fire wall or base filtering in services.  I had a virus that mcafee did not detect I have now removed it.  How can I get the firewall going again.  There is no other anit virus on my computer other than mcafee

frague
Former Member
Message 10 of 232

I could also use the answer too!  Same issue.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community