cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerryg50
Former Member
Message 1 of 1

Firewall in McAfee Scanner Turns On By Itself

I am using a hardware firewall where my network is properly protected. I also have an external firewall service from my provider that is in operation.

When the McAfee sofware firewall turns on in any of the computers, it sometimes causes conflcts with file sharing and some operations. I keep turning it off, and addressing the prompt for it to stay off. I also cancelled the warning indication to remind me the firewall is turned off. 

After some time, it still turns on by itself. This is a recent annoyance. For a long time, it has never turned on by itself.

My question is, is there a setting in this software that I can use to make sure the firewall will not turn on by itself?

Thanks!

Jerry G.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community