cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LarryS
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Firewall has completely shut of web access to the internet

mcafee has totally broken my internet on one of my pc's it was running from initial install and i cannot find a way to get a full install to try to re-install and un-install to fix this. have not found any fixes that resolve this issue..  it appears the last windows update triggered this issue and cannot find a resolution. 

5 Replies
Dustin_techie
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Firewall has completely shut of web access to the internet

Couldn't get your issue. Do you still have mcafee jnstalled and running on your computer?

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 6

Hello @LarryS 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please try turning Off Firewall and check if Internet works fine.

Regards,
Madhan M

LarryS
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I used the uninstall tool after attempting to uninstall software normally and the software was still showing as running. Now software is uninstalled and no browser can get to the internet.

LarryS
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I used the uninstall tool after attempting to uninstall software normally and the software was still showing as running. Now software is uninstalled and no browser can get to the internet.

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 6

Did you use the MCPR tool as per ( ok see you said you did try rerunning it.

How to remove McAfee

Try that if some bits left. If Mcafee is uninstalled check the network lights to see if network working..

If windows update triggered it check the MS forums maybe they have an answer

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community