Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldj22
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Firewall doesn't stay active

Hello,

I have a problem with my firewall, when I turn it on, it turns off  a few seconds later.

My virtual technician session ID is 38467928

Thanks

Firewall  will not stay on

Cette question est non répondue.

The firewall we automatically turn right back off

THe virtual technician code is 35858512

5 Replies
jaymfe
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: Firewall doesn't stay active

Hi There,

We need some information,

• What is the OS installed and Service Pack
  • Version of SecurityCenter and Personal Firewall
  • Are you suspecting any kind of virus infection or McAfee detected any virus/Trojan on your computer recently?

Could you please try below steps and let us know the status,

Go to Control Panel and check for the status of Windows Firewall and try to start it if it is not started.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 6

Also to above you haven't got another AV or firewall installed or had 1 and did not use its removal tool to ununstall it?

ldj22
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

the details you asked:

Windows is 7 home premium pack 1

Version of Security center : 11.0.654

Version of Mcafee personal firewall : 12.0.345

Mcaffe didn't detect any virus

I tried to start Windows Firewall because it was off but I have an error message : Windows firewall can't modify your parameters. Error code : 0x80070424

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 6

In Windows 7 (and other OS's) McAfee controls Windows Security Center so Windows Firewall should be off if McAfee's is installed.

It might be in your best interest if McAfee Personal Firewall wont stay on to contact Technical Support, linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

It's a free phone call or you can use the free online chat.

btg
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Hello,

When my computer is coming back after stand-by, MacAfee Firewall services are not working any more.

And THE BAD SERVICE DID NOT EVEN TELL YOU IT IS OFFFFFF!!!!

MacAfee TECHNICIAN CAN"T FIX A PROBLEM WITH THEM SOFTWARE   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some "Tech" is blaming new installs or config...   FORGET ABOUT COMPUTER INSTALLS, UPDATES AND MANUFACTURE! IT IS NOT TRUE! A good antivirus CAN'T be modifyed by a legit software install. If Yes, it is NOT GOOD SECURITY SYSTEM !!!!!!!!!!!!

I had problems with Install and Registration to...few times in a row....

Now, like from a history....DO NOT LET MCAFEE (India) TO REMOTE YOUR COMPUTER! THEY JUST REMOVE & REINSTALL the SECurity SOFTware.

And after that your computer will have days of Upload (when idle). Like mine did....for days after this remote. After This Remote for SURE and tested!

And after few days again problems!!!!!

The recommendations of checking my computer with another security software it is ridiculous! Same the install/reinstall thru remote??!!! Good stability!!!! F>>> this!

I paid to be safe!!! But I'm Sorry !!!

Resolution... Soon I will buy better software and I will remain with regrets of losing money and time, frustration and bad taste about I am protected or I was protected?  

One Word for This....BADDDDD!!!

I hope this will be red by Mcafeeeeeeeee TOOOOOOOOOOO!

Good luck to all of you!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community