Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venedie
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Firewall blocks connection to one host

Hi,

My firewall blocks all incoming and outcoming connections to one host. I can comunicate with other hosts from the network, but cannot connect with one specific host on any port/by any protocol.

I didn't find any point where that host is blocked. (Even in Net Guard settings.)

After disabling the whole firewall, I can comunicate with that host.

Version of my software:

Windows 7

Security Center: 11.0.654

VirusScan: 15.0.294

Personal Firewall: 12.0.345

Best regards,

venedie

4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 5

Re: Firewall blocks connection to one host

I assume the above implies the Ip of that host is not blocked that is what I gather from your post as you seem to have looked at the settings.

Are all connections via the same method ie all wireless or all wired or is 1 different?

Try resetting the firewall to defaults and see if it detects it.

If no good contact Tech support thay will have a look at your setup and see if they can determine what is awry.

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

venedie
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Tony, thanks for your quick reply.

As the matter of fact, my computer blocks all connections from and to that specific host. I cannot check the wireless communication.

It doesn't matter which protocol/port do I use, or if I try to connect via IP or hostname. Other host from that network are reachable.

Net Guard doesn't list that host as the blocked one. Only disabling the McAfee Personal Firewall makes the  communication possible.

Thanks,

venedie

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 4 of 5

venedie wrote:

Tony, thanks for your quick reply.

As the matter of fact, my computer blocks all connections from and to that specific host. I cannot check the wireless communication.

It doesn't matter which protocol/port do I use, or if I try to connect via IP or hostname. Other host from that network are reachable.

Net Guard doesn't list that host as the blocked one. Only disabling the McAfee Personal Firewall makes the  communication possible.

Thanks,

venedie

Hi venedie,

What browser are you using? In Program Permissiona, does the Browser have Full Access going through the Firewall?

Turn on the Firewall.

Disable Netguard by unchecking it. Does it work?

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 5

Ok did you try a reset to defaults of the firewall? So all connections are by wireless? Have you tried wired

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community