cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exmfe
Former Member
Message 11 of 15

Re: Firewall blocking local ip's and link-local addresses

ports and services 2.jpgmy networkconnection.jpgports and services 4.jpgincoming events.jpg incoming event 2.jpgports and services 1.jpg

Message was edited by: exmfe - added extra screenshots on 2/28/12 2:15:41 PM CST
Dinz
Former Member
Message 12 of 15

Hi there,

I have sent you an email requesting for some more additional information on your network , please have the same replied so as we may proceed further with this .

Thanks,

exmfe
Former Member
Message 13 of 15

Hi Dinesh,

You should now find my response in your Inbox.

Thanks.

exmfe
Former Member
Message 14 of 15

So McAfee Tier 2 support contacted me a couple of days ago. Following their instructions I ran a special tool that collected relevant information from the PC and submitted it to the engineering team for further analysis. I found Tier 2 support to be prompt, professional, and courteous. At this stage I don't have a time line for expected feedback or a fix.

When I get more news I will post an update here.

bob11x
Former Member
Message 15 of 15

VENT ON and then answer at end:

I spent 3 hours on the phone after renewing my antivirus plus - ABSOLUTELY NO HELP - They even switched me to some new PAY Tech service (I thought it was Tier 2 support).  My network worked fine Saturday - I renewed my subscription Sunday, and then I could not access my Server IP Monday.  It was everyones fault but theirs.

My case number if they care to investigate and TRAIN there workers :

We have recently opened a Service Request for support based on the information you provided us at our support website. Below you will find the details of this request for your reference.

-     Order #:

-     Service Request #: 872274724

-     Created Date: 04/30/2012 12:20:28

-     Description: NOt accessing network drive

After googling, I found if I re enter the  IP range of my network it works flawlessly.  There "Preconfigured" IP looks good but does nothing.

I am amazed at the crap these people push on us that doesn't work and WASTES HOUZRS of our time.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community