cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrepuski
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 181 of 192

Re: Firewall blocking Youtube video stream.

Hello All,

Sorry for the delayed update. I have checked with development on the status of the patch for Net Guard. The current schedule has the fix slated for early Q2. It looks like mid to late April.

This patch is specifically for Net Guard issue it has little to do with Site Advisor. The Site Advisor issue was reported to that team. I have one set of Video links provided for review please provide more so we can investigate.

cellwart
Former Member
Message 182 of 192

newjack schrieb:

This is a shot in the dark but do you have the most recent version of Adobe & Java? If you use java.I`m not claiming it is not a Mcafee Issue but I had an Issue in the past a few Times with Youtube.Is your internet connection a good one.You can check your Upload/download times here http://www.speedtest.net/

Also Check That your whole computer is up to date Here http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/

It is worth a Shot.Only takes a few minutes.

Just to remind: this is not only a problem of youtube. As long as the internet-protection is active i have trouble in loading almost everything within the browser. Youtube streams are interrupted, pictures ar loaded only parially, web-pages are timing out.

Yes, my pc is up to date. And the speed is better than neccessary (in the case of internet connection problems the problem wouldn't disappear by swiching mcafees internet protection off).

On my second pc (one with windows xp, one with windows 7) the problem is also there.

Today internet protection magically switched itself active again... so i could see the error is still not fixed.

cellwart
Former Member
Message 183 of 192

and once again, today i had to re-uncheck the internet-protection setting... why is this setting loosing its state from time to time?

And once again i detected this change in the setting by having internet problems in the web browser.

mrepuski
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 184 of 192

I haven't seen an issue with settings reverting to defaults, I will make some inquires

You are correct the issue isn't limited to You Tube videos. The issue affects high volume network traffic. Streaming video falls into this class of traffic.
Our investigation hasn't found a link to specific hardware, performance levels or OS versions.

Finally you are correct about the release of a fix, it hasn't been released yet though it should be out very soon. Development has completed their testing, the fix is ready for release. Once the fix goes live I will post an update. Most users will receive the update 3 weeks from go live though you can pull the update faster by reinstalling.

cqueue
Former Member
Message 185 of 192

I have an HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. I am running McAfee version 11.0 with Net Guard ON. The following worked for me:

1. Open McAfee

2. Click Firewall>Settings>Ports and System Services>Add

3. Name=RTMP/E

4. Port = 1935

5. Description=Flash media server listens for RTMP/E requests on port 1935/TCP

As far as I can tell there is no patch available from McAfee yet. If there is please let me know.

Peacekeeper
Message 186 of 192

What Security centre build are you on?

mrepuski
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 187 of 192

I just confirmed that the update for Net Guard was widely available as of May 8th. If you check the build numbers in the about box for Security Center they should be 11.0.418.3 or higher. If you are still having the issue let us know.

Steps to open the About box

- double click the McAfee tool tray icon

- at the top right corner click About

- the first section of the list show details related to SecurityCenter

cqueue
Former Member
Message 188 of 192

I am on 11.0.678

cqueue
Former Member
Message 189 of 192

I am on 11.0.678. I was having a problem with YouTube videos as well as Yahoo videos right out of www.yahoo.com.  After build 11.0.678 was installed on my computer, the YouTube problem went away, but I continued to have same problem with videos at yahoo.com which I resolved with the port 1935 fix. I am not sure what risks I may have introduced by opening this port, but it worked for me.

Peacekeeper
Message 190 of 192

Yes that 678 build has the mcsvhost fix which as you mentioned fixed the utube issue. Re yahoo videos best let mark comment

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 1/07/12 1:54:51 PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community