cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vectorsigma
Former Member
Message 141 of 192

Re: Firewall blocking Youtube video stream.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling McAfee Site Advisor from Siteadvisor.com as you suggested. While it fixed a problem that I had before (Site Advisor not active in some of my browsers), it unfortunately did not remedy the browsing/video stalling issue for me. Even adding Adobe Flash Player Plugin to the list for 'Internet Connections for Programs' (I finally found the proper file for it), and giving it full access, with or without Netguard on did not help. But once I turned Netguard off completely again as I had done before, everything worked fine again.

Message was edited by: vectorsigma on 1/15/12 4:36:47 AM CST
thecreator
Contributor II
Message 142 of 192

Hi All,

I have been McAfee as a Customer, since I purchased my first Y2K post computer Bug computer. With that said, McAfee had just McAfee VirusScan and a Personal Firewall and it was very good. Then they added new stuff and they finally split creating a End User Division and Business Division. They took lots of good stuff from before the split and removed it from the product and made it exclusively for the Business Division.

Netguard makes the Home Program useless. Just turn it off and leave it off. Anything else that comes along, turh it off and leave it off. The Basics do a very good job.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 143 of 192

thecreator wrote:

Hi All,

I have been McAfee as a Customer, since I purchased my first Y2K post computer Bug computer. With that said, McAfee had just McAfee VirusScan and a Personal Firewall and it was very good. Then they added new stuff and they finally split creating a End User Division and Business Division. They took lots of good stuff from before the split and removed it from the product and made it exclusively for the Business Division.

Netguard makes the Home Program useless. Just turn it off and leave it off. Anything else that comes along, turh it off and leave it off. The Basics do a very good job.

The Business Division as you term it has always existed - called Enterprise, so nothing was split.  The products change and not everyone has problems, Netguard or otherwise.  I can watch YouTube videos until the cows come home with no problems at all with everything turned on.  The Netguard off fix only seems to work in some instances.   It is being looked into however.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/01/12 4:06:43 EST PM
ericsauble
Former Member
Message 144 of 192

I found out that McAfee was deactivated even though I have almost a year subscription left. Apparently, it was something I did as I tried re-installing the program. I go to re-activate it and they want $11 for a new activation key. lolwut.

So now I'm running Firefox with NoScript and Sandboxie. Plus I've downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials and I'll stick with the Windows firewall. (all of which are free).

I just couldn't stomach paying more money for a product I already have paid for and it doesn't even work right. Perhaps I'll rely more on good internet practices and free software rather than paying for software such as Norton and McAfee that have only caused headaches. Although McAfee was better while I used it since it didn't slow my system down like Norton. Oh well, maybe when they fix their programs it will be worth it.....

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 145 of 192

Ex_Brit wrote:

thecreator wrote:

Hi All,

The Business Division as you term it has always existed - called Enterprise, so nothing was split.  The products change and not everyone has problems, Netguard or otherwise.  I can watch YouTube videos until the cows come home with no problems at all with everything turned on.  The Netguard off fix only seems to work in some instances.   It is being looked into however.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/01/12 4:06:43 EST PM

Hi Ex_Brit,

Not arguing with you, cause I honesty don't know. But what I am saying is that a good product, is not as good as the product was in the past. Many things that were good were removed, but left in the Enterprise version. How is that good for the Customer?

Why doesn't McAfee make just one good product that would be the same for the Consumers and Business Clients at the same time?

With everything on, for a Customer that has only a Modem directly into a Modem, it works. But it doesn't work for a Customer with a Home Network, where there is constant Traffic. But most Home Network Customers have a Router with a Built-in Firewall on, anyway.

McAfee needs to understand this. Not every customer has exactly the same equipment.

This is my opinion.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 146 of 192

I quite understand.   Everything has its ups and downs and the security problems are constantly changing, but I know they are aware of the problems as we make sure of that.

The malware scene has become  very complex as you know and products have to evolve accordingly, that often results in some problems not foreseen in beta testing unfortunately.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/01/12 5:31:27 EST PM
Peacekeeper
Message 147 of 192

I can chase up your issue if you want and maybe get the fee waived. Do u want me to do this?

Isn't the product available in your account without the need of an activation key?

ericsauble
Former Member
Message 148 of 192

The programs said it was deactivated and my account said I needed to pay $11. Since I saw your post I returned to my account and it had the option of downloading the program again (since I deleted it from my computer) which I did after uninstalling Microsoft Security Essentials. After I did a fresh install it automatically configured itself and started working again/activated. I just disabled Netguard. I guess I'll stick with McAfee then since I'm activated. I'll keep Sandboxie though.

Thanks for offering to help Peacekeeper/Tony.

Peacekeeper
Message 149 of 192

If you get past 7 days enabled without any subscription issue it will be fine. If you see any problems post back or better PM me and I will chase things up for you.

dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 150 of 192

Hi Eric,

I looked up your subscription on our end. It shows your machine got de-activated on 12/15/2011. It shows as of yesterday it has been re-activated. Let me know if the issue is resolved on your end.

Regards,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community