cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 71 of 192

Re: Firewall blocking Youtube video stream.

@nie

You need to update IE7 to IE9 asap as it is far more secure.  That Flash may then update to 11.xxx as I think that's out of date too.

It doesn't matter if Firefox is your default browser, some applications use IE anyway and McAfee is one of them.

I also trust that Vista is SP2 as anything less isn't supported. 

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 17/12/11 5:27:40 EST PM
nie
Contributor
Message 72 of 192

Thanks for this, "it doesn't matter if Firefox is your default browser, some applications use IE anyway and McAfee is one of them."  That's good to know!

I'll go update to IE9 and Flash 11 now.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank you Peter!

Message was edited by: nie on 12/17/11 5:55:07 PM PST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 73 of 192

Is it Vista Service Pack 2?

Blaine91555
Former Member
Message 74 of 192

Anything on the main issue here? It's worst for me on Windows 7 64 bit fully updated and yes IE latest version fully updated even though I use FireFox. Still  have to keep Net Guard off. On my laptop which is Vista SP2 same thing. On XP Pro same thing. I'm most concerned aobu this 7 64 bit machine. Not huge because the Firewall is fine but still, everything should work and we should be able to download or watch YouTube with Net Guard on. Is McAfee even working on it? You know for every person reporting it here there are many who don't know that Net Guard is causing their problems.

ericsauble
Former Member
Message 75 of 192

Problem solved.

I have Windows 7, 64 bit system. I uninstalled McAfee and used the McAfeel removal tool to complete the process and then restarted my computer http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507 .Then I reinstalled the program using the custom setting. I clicked on the reinstall without personal firewall option and everything works just fine. Now I'm just using the Windows firewall.

Thanks for all those who contributed to this thread.

I can now watch youtube videos again and they load to completion without pausing every few seconds. I was also able to pass an internet speed test instead of watching my speeds plummet during the test.

Peacekeeper
Message 76 of 192

Yes they are looking into it. We will talk more about this to them in Monday's call.

njo
Contributor
Message 77 of 192

Hi All.

I just found this thread. I've been suffering from this problem and was just about to put an axe through my PC due to the frustration of trying to find a cause/fix.

The problem is worst on my 64bit Win 7 box. YouTube would only play 40 seconds at a time and file downloads would stop after 7 - 10 Mb. Everything else was really sluggish.  I have switched Net Guard off and everything is back to normal. However, it would be great if a fix could be developed as I assume that Net Guard actually does something useful...

Thanks,

Neil

Peacekeeper
Message 78 of 192

https://community.mcafee.com/message/218824#218824

Dinz wants any1 who is still getting this to PM him with Version numbers of Mcafee services and Operating system details please

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 20/12/11 7:22:51 PM
bavinckp
Former Member
Message 79 of 192

Ok, I am still having problems. I updated all McAfee components, but Firewall is still at the now infamous 12.0.345 build date 14-nov-2011.

My locale is nl_NL (The Netherlands).

CPU: T2080, 173 Ghz

RAM: 2Gb

McAfee Security Center v11.0.623

McAfee VirusScan v15.0.294

McAfee Personal Firewall v12.0.345

McAfee SiteAdvisor v3.4.0.143

McAfee QuickClean & Shredder v11.0.393

Thanks.

Message was edited by: bavinckp on 12/20/11 9:50:05 AM CET
warriorfullight
Contributor
Message 80 of 192

Wow. Thanks that you have shared your experience as well on how you fixed this type of problem. I was thinking of reformatting my computer and this saves me from doing so.

Message was edited by: warriorfullight on 12/20/11 5:46:29 AM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community