cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moorlandmagic
Contributor
Message 31 of 192

Re: Firewall blocking Youtube video stream.

Are we all to assume that the latest firewall update (Build 12.0.345 08/12/11) has resolved this issue - or not ??

It would be really good if McAfee could communicate with their loyal users at times like this  ..... they are quick enough to send out advertising, subscription reminders, etc.

dsgn2mfg
Former Member
Message 32 of 192

Amen to the communication versus advertising!!! 

I'm still having trouble downloading almost anthing that is a large file.  Turn off firewall and it downloads fine, leave it on and it almost never (but does work just enough to make you wonder) works.

Peacekeeper
Message 33 of 192

They have not informed we mods and outr tech knows we are wanting for the fix.

dsgn2mfg have you tried disabling netguard does that allow faster downloading?

dsgn2mfg
Former Member
Message 34 of 192

Yes, I've had Netguard off since I had tech support help me with this on 11/25.  As I've said it is consistent with any kind of larger file "streaming" or static.  On static files it will start to download the stop and feeze up.  Sometimes the only way to get it restarted it to turn off the firewall and the browser (makes no difference which browser) then to reinvoke the browser with the FW off.  Once I have the file I can restart the FW and use things normally.  The only thing consistent is FW kills the download at what point in a given file it seems to vary.  The balkiness on entering data to forms and online "email" is also very inconsistent; though I don't see it quite as badly on a fresh machine boot as when the machine has been on a few days - so that seems like it might be something McAfee IS is doing to maybe cache or cookies???

Peacekeeper
Message 35 of 192

Can You point me to a file that you have issues downloading as so far I cannot repro this.. I torrent and those downloads came down fine.

dsgn2mfg
Former Member
Message 36 of 192

The most recent stuff I were downloading was library audio books (MP3 files) using the library's "Overdrive software".  And, I have tried putting the library's url as an exception it didn't help.  The only way to get the books was to turn off the FW.

Message was edited by: dsgn2mfg on 12/10/11 3:09:50 PM CST
Peacekeeper
Message 37 of 192

I downloaded that software but am not familiar with how to download files. I assume one needs to buy them. I assume u mean overdrive media centre?

dsgn2mfg
Former Member
Message 38 of 192

You don't need to buy files.  If you have a library car most libraries have books and such available for FREE downloading.  But that is only one example, almost anything I download that is into the MB size does it.  Also, the data entry balkiness shows up anywhere, for example I was typing blind on much of this, then it stopped and caught up and let me go at normal speed.  I go crazy with some of the LinkedIn groups I'm a member of.  It slows that down to a crawl.  Today I bought a x-mass gift on e-Bay most that was typed blind then I had to wait and see if my spelling was ok.

Peacekeeper
Message 39 of 192

Ok  will see if there is an update on our Monday call in.

hyble
Former Member
Message 40 of 192

Dear all,

I am experiencing a similar problem now for a while, which is very annoying. Youtube crashes after 45 seconds and movies on news sites crash after a certain while. Also movies on other sites. Internet connections seemed to be much slower than I was used to. I also had a problem with buying tickets for sports games, which is quite essential if these are limited. And I had a problem this morning using MSN.

First I thought is was due to the Adobe Flashplayer update to version 11. However, after uninstalling the flash player and trying to download the previous version (10.3) I realized that I could only download it up to 25 MB or so, both in Firefox and Internet Explorer. Seemed to be a comparable problem as streaming of videos. Then I switched off the McAfee firewall and downloading of large files and streaming videos on all kinds of sites seems to be ok.

After reading this post it becomes clear to me that the first problems were reported one month ago. I am sure that more people experience this problem, without knowing what to do. It would be good to come up with a solution soon, so we can have a Merry X-mas and stream videos safely using McAfee 🙂

Tim

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community