cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dinz
Former Member
Message 11 of 192

Re: Firewall blocking Youtube video stream.

Hi quigley,

I have sent you an email for facilitating a call back to collect logs and diagnose the issue . Please check your email and reply back so that we could proceed with the same  

Regards,

bavinckp
Former Member
Message 12 of 192

I have exactly the same problem, but only on Vista. I run AntiVirus (incl Firewall) and on Windows 7 machines as well and these Win7 machines don't show any of the problems. Just thought this would help narrow things down.

cubbieken
Former Member
Message 13 of 192

The problem extends beyond just video streaming. I've also run various bandwidth testing programs (speakeasy, speedtest) and they also work for a few seconds and then shut-down. If I roll back my system via Windows 7 "System Restore" the problem goes away. Then as soon as I take this latest McAfee update again it comes back. This is getting real close to being a dealbreaker.

Peacekeeper
Message 14 of 192

There have been some issues with netguard and some utube displays. At least we were told this on our last call in. They are being looked into.

quigley
Former Member
Message 15 of 192

I was told the same about Net Guard, had it switched off and then even that did not help so I am back with the firewall off!

I am also experiencing intermittant internet so I think it goes further as some websites in FF won't load, and the refresh button does not show, so I have to enter the url again for it to refresh and load.

Frustrating indeed

Peacekeeper
Message 16 of 192

Reply to Dinz's email so he can look into it please

ceedub
Former Member
Message 17 of 192

I also have had problems with streaming.  On YouTube a video would play for about 20 seconds then it would reach the end of its buffer and freeze.  If I advanced it a little it would be able to stream again but only for another 20 seconds or so.  This happened on IE, Firefox and Chrome and I am running the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (11.1.102.55). I also found new web pages such as the Google home page took significantly longer to load (10 secs plus) and sometimes would not load at all.  However if played BBC Iplayer I got no problems.

I am using McAffee Internet Security (McAffee SecurityCenter) Version 11.0 Build 11.0623, last update 17/11/2011.  This is about the date I started to get the problem but I cannot be sure it is exactly the same.  I have McAffee Personal Firewall Version 12.0 Build 12.0.345, last update 17/11/2011.

The only workaround I have found is to turn off the McAffee Firewall and turn on Windows Firewall on my Vista PC.  Is there problem with this version of McAffee Personal Firewall or is it my settings?  I restore the McAffee Personal Firewall settings to the default but it made no difference.

therays
Former Member
Message 18 of 192

Same issue with our Windows 7 Professional 64 bit PC.  Normally a screamer on the internet, now page browsing and YouTube video viewing has gone to crap.  The trouble began for us the second week of November.  We have used Windows restore twice to go back a week in time and it works great.  Yesterday after returning home from the holiday, Mcafee had apparently updated and requested a restart.  This killed the browsing speed again, but it gave us the clue to look here for the solution.  Once we turn off NetGuard, browsing and YouTube work again.

We see in this thread that Dinz was to work on the problem.  Do you still have to keep NetGuard off, or do you have a fix yet?

Lisa and Larry Ray

Peacekeeper
Message 19 of 192

No update as yet I will ask in Monday's call to the techs.

moorlandmagic
Contributor
Message 20 of 192

I'm having a similar problem ... using Win Vista & Total Protection.

Since the latest firewall update I am having problems with 2 PC's on my home network accessing various websites. Either the web addresses are slow to resolve, or don't resolve at all.

For example - YouTube, can get a video page OK, but video just churns over and doesn't start, PayPal - Ok going to the website, but attempting to log in either takes ages or doesn't even enter.Also if I click a PayPal payments button on a website, it usually won't load, occasionally will after at least 2-3 minutes.

This is just two examples, there are many more.

I've tried resetting default firewall settings to no avail. If I turn the firewall off everything works OK, and if I turn Windows firewall on all is OK. I EVEN HAD TO TURN IT OFF TO LOG IN HERE !!!

Earlier today I initiated a live chat with McAfee Support - suggested reinstalling - done that and nothing has changed.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community