Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George99
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Bluetooth lost after reloading McAfee Internet Security

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm hopeing some one can help me, I've aalready tried the online technician but he wasn't much help.

It's just gone 03:30 and I've been trying to fix this for the last 4 hours.

I am running a Windows XP sp3 machine, due to a problem with an expired three user licence, On the instructions of a McAfee rep.I used the uninstall McAfee tool and then downloaded and installed a single user copy of Internet Security.

Only to find when I restarted my machine my Bluetooth program started and then shut down in failure after a few minutes.

I have unistalled and reinstalled the bluetooth software three times now.

During a new session with an online technician, I had a look at the ports of the firewall and hit the reset button, and found the only two ports ticked were:

Common Operating System Ports and Universal Plug and Play.

Three times I also get a popup saying new network connection detected and to assign a security level, which I do of home. But it dosen't seem to remember

When the bluetooth siftware is loaded I get a network disconnected icon, which says Local area connection 4, a network cable is unplugged.

It also says my Internet connection is disconnected which is obviously wrong otherwise I wouldn't be able to send this message.

Does anyone have any ideas what has been screwed up by the unloading and reloading of the McAfee software?

Despite the fact I have just renewed my licence, unless this can be sorted I will change to AVG and Zone alarm.

George Humphries

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kumar_B
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Re: Bluetooth lost after reloading McAfee Internet Security

Jump to solution

If  its working thats great . But in near future  if you face the same issue again  just try running mcafee removal tool once (using the useful links available above )and try reinstalling  mcafee in your computer . Also u can try reinstalling thedriver software for the bluetooth incase if u still face the problem  .

Message was edited by: kumaravel on 5/22/10 10:27:55 AM CDT

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kumar_B
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi

since you have tried the restore defaults already just go to the firewal settings again and click on " program permissions " check whether the  option for bluetooth is having full access .if not allow full access . if you are not able to find bluetooth related option in that " program permissions " list plaese try click "add " click browse and navigate to the   c drive> program files and then locate the .exe file for the bluetooth . If its found then try to add that to the list .

once its done check  whether you can access the bluetooth or not .Also just check whether you have connected bluetooth dongle to ur pc properly .

George99
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip, Bluetooth wasn't on the list of programs, so I enabled it and the Bluetooth program seemed to get further along before it crashed (maybe it has some form of auto update feature).

I'm still getting the networks disconnected messages after I load the Bluetooth software, so I tried turning off the firewall, but it made no difference.

Either when I cleared out the McAfee software or when I loaded the new single version, it's screwed something up permanently so I can't run Bluetooth.

At least you had a good idea, unlike the so called online technician, who couldn't understand my English (I am English by the way), who grabbed at any word I said, and frantically typed it into the her keyword database.

All the McAfee people I speak to, seem to say it's not McAfee's fault, but before the clear out and reload of McAfee, my Bluetooth worked!!!

George Humphries

Getting very pissed wiith McAfee

kumar_B
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

If  its working thats great . But in near future  if you face the same issue again  just try running mcafee removal tool once (using the useful links available above )and try reinstalling  mcafee in your computer . Also u can try reinstalling thedriver software for the bluetooth incase if u still face the problem  .

Message was edited by: kumaravel on 5/22/10 10:27:55 AM CDT
George99
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

No Bluetooth is still njot working after installing the Bluetooth program for the fourth time.

I'll try unistalling McAfee again, and see if I can get Bluetooth to load when McAfee is removed, if it does I'll think about AVG and Zone alarm.

George

George99
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks Kumaravel,

After I'd uninstalled McAfee (and pulled my internet cable), I reloaded Bluetooth and Bluetooth worked.

I reloaded McAfee again, and the Bluetooth still works!

Thank you, I don't know why McAfee calls their support technical support, all they do is thumb through a list of keywords on a database with no understanding of what they are doing.

George

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community