cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmbakery
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Allowing Remote Desktop Connection Through Firewall...

Greetings:

I recently purchased a new Win 8.1 PC with McAfee Internet Security pre-installed.

I need to access this PC remotely via Remote Desktop Connection and need to know how to configure the personal firewall to allow this access.

If it matters, I will be using a dynamic DNS updater service from dyn.com to manage access.

Any help with properly configuring the Personal Firewall to work with this setup would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks much in advance!

-GRB

1 Reply
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Allowing Remote Desktop Connection Through Firewall...

I do not suppose any specific items are needed you may need to configure ports to do that.. Are you going to use any application to do that?(if you are going to use specific applications they usually connect via http and do not need specific options.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community