cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
choppel
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Aladdin Hasp blocked and we're stuck

My wife was running software for her sewing machine when a McAfee message came up about something (I;m working from memory now) called HASP wanted to access the internet. Before just clicking she asked me and I told her to deny the access since the program name didn't seem to correspond to anything she was running. Now her sewing software doesn't work for most things AND IT'S MY FAULT. The McAfee support center records the activity as

6/11/09 6:18:06 PM Program Aladdin HASP License Manager Service is blocked from ...

When we called the sewing machine tech services they said to get rid of any firewall blocks on things with HASP, SMART UPDATE, or 4D in them, but I don't know how to do this. HELP.

Of course, I think anyone who writes software that acts like a virus should have their credentials removed with a rusty spoon, but maybe they think computers still only run one thing at a time.
3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

RE: Aladdin Hasp blocked and we're stuck

You can unblock it.

Double-click the taskbar icon to open Security Center
Click Advanced Menu (bottom left)
Click Configure (left)
Click Internet & Network (top left)
Click Advanced (right)
Click Program Permissions (left)

Locate the program in the list and highlight it and then click Allow Access at the lower right.
choppel
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, that worked just fine, I'm off the hook, and didn't have to sleep on the couch.:)
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

ROTFL...glad to help.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community