cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dehamma
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Adobe flash player won't play

I have windows xp 2002 (:o) service pack 2. The music players on myspace worked fine. After installing McAfee security center 9.3, virus scan 13.3, and personal firewall 10.3 no songs will play. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Adobe Flashplayer, and installing all available windows updates for my computer. One time for the first time today it played one song, why I don't know. The player works fine on my work computer.
Labels (2)
4 Replies
dehamma
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Installed Service Pack 3

Installed Service Pack 3 no love :(.null Also, it worked when I had TrendMicrocillen.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

RE: Installed Service Pack 3

I've never known McAfee to stop Flash player from working. Have you tried uninstalling Flash from Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, rebooting and reinstalling?

This link gives you the latest versions of Flash and Shockwave players automatically: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/
dehamma
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

RE: Adobe flash player won't play

Yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the flash player with no luck. What about disabling my firewall for a few minutes and seeing if it will play then? That would prove whether or not it's McAfee giving me the trouble.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

RE: Adobe flash player won't play

Try disabling McAfee Firewall and VirusScan...

Start/Control Panel/Security/Windows Firewall - turn it ON
Double-click the taskbar icon to open McAfee Security Center
Click Advanced Menu (bottom mid-left)
Click Configure (left)
Click Computer & Files (top left)
Disable VirusScan in the right-hand module and select "Never" when asked for resume time.
Click Internet & Network (top left)
Disable Firewall in the right-hand module, again select "Never" when asked.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community