Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marvoo
Contributor II
Message 1 of 8

How to disable annoying popups

Jump to solution

poepmelding.jpgI am getting popups to protect more devices of my family members. I don't like that. I think it is anoying.

How can I disable this? 

I checked the settings, but I see no option.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 8

Re: How to disable annoying popups

Jump to solution

Hi @marvoo 

Greetings from McAfee

Please turn off the information alerts from settings>>General settings>>Information alerts. let us know if you require any further help on this.

For further assistance reach out to our chat support

Thanks & Regards
Edward Franso 

View solution in original post

Kalik
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

I am having these same popup issues.  If no resolution is presented by McAfee support, then I am also going to a different product.  Also, unable to open support link in Microsoft Edge had to use Chrome browser.

In the past, McAfee used to be a go-to-product but now I am giving it second thoughts about using it.  

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @marvoo 

Greetings from McAfee

Please turn off the information alerts from settings>>General settings>>Information alerts. let us know if you require any further help on this.

For further assistance reach out to our chat support

Thanks & Regards
Edward Franso 

marvoo
Contributor II
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

No, it is not solved. There is no option there to turn it off. Turning off Information alerts completely also doesn't help. I keep getting it.

I called mcaffee support and was told to remove the software. Run a removal tool and reinstall.

After that there were even less options under Information alerts.

So, how do | get rid of th eanoying popup. 

stopPopUps
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

They are ALL OFF AND I AM STILL GETTING POPUPS ADVERTISING MCAFEE PRODUCTS

TELL ME HOW TO TURN THEM OFF OR I AM GOING TO UNINSTALL AND GO WITH ANOTHER PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marvoo
Contributor II
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

No idea.

Her it just stoped for now.

There is no option to turn it of

rlipoff
Contributor II
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

As stated by multiple other users, this solution no longer works--McAfee no longer gives the option to disable notifications in Windows settings, or on the popup windows themselves.

The link from McAfee's own notification settings also has the same outdated incorrect information:

https://www.mcafee.com/support/?page=shell&shell=article-view&articleId=TS103138&utm_source=contextu...

The inability to disable these obnoxious marketing popups and lack of honest support is making me consider not using McAfee anymore.

Untitled.jpg

Kalik
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

I am having these same popup issues.  If no resolution is presented by McAfee support, then I am also going to a different product.  Also, unable to open support link in Microsoft Edge had to use Chrome browser.

In the past, McAfee used to be a go-to-product but now I am giving it second thoughts about using it.  

marvoo
Contributor II
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

The popups keep comming. After my subscription ends next year I'm gone.
Byebye

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community