cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joachim58
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

red exclamation

Hello in my Icons is shown a exclamation .

Can anybuddy help me?

Joachim

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 27/02/11 7:09:48 PM
7 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 8

red exclamation

Can you take a pic and post here?

Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Re: red exclamation

Hi joachim58,

If you are referring about the status icons that you see on desktop icons ; they are there because The file has not been previously backed, but will be when the next backup runs.

If you recently replaced your computer, your files must be synchronized with your previous backups. Your files will have red exclamation points on them until you complete a full backup with the new computer.

Regards,

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

Hi joachim58,

Could you please let us know if you still have issues?

smeeb2000
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

hi all,

ive also had the same problem...as far as i could tell what triggered it was my weekly scheduled scan. i have never activated or used the back up option so i have no idea what got it going.

any idea how to get rid of the icons ?

mcafee back up.JPG

thanks for any help,

smeeb2000

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

The reason for them has been stated above.   If you have no intention of using Online Backup then you will have to uninstall everything through the normal means - Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program (Add or Remove Programs in XP), run the MCPR cleanup tool linked under Useful Links above, reboot and then reinstall via the Custom option from your online account and this time omit Online Backup and any other part of the suite you don't want (VirusScan and Firewall are compulsory components).

remco
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

This is unbelievable. You get your computer hijacked by a anti-virus company to point out that you didn't backup your files

while you don't actually installed backup. Anyone figured that this might be for a reason ? The only way to get rid of this

unsollicitated microsoft behaviour will cost me additional time and frustration. On a scale from 1-10, how stupid is his ?

I will uninstall McAfee and buy an other anti-virus solution asap.

Message was edited by: remco on 4/18/14 2:14:03 AM CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

remco wrote:

This is unbelievable. You get your computer hijacked by a anti-virus company to point out that you didn't backup your files

while you don't actually installed backup. Anyone figured that this might be for a reason ? The only way to get rid of this

unsollicitated microsoft behaviour will cost me additional time and frustration. On a scale from 1-10, how stupid is his ?

I will uninstall McAfee and buy an other anti-virus solution asap.

Message was edited by: remco on 4/18/14 2:14:03 AM CDT

Well I'm sure there was a means to dismiss the message wasn't there?   I hardly think it's "hijacking" having something prompt for something that is regarded as an essential safety measure these days.

Of course it's your prerogative what software you use so good luck.

As this thread is ancient and the software version to which it applied is now obsolete. I am locking it.   If you have any more questions please start a new discussion with more details.  Thanks.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community