cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dennisp
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Unable to lock my vault

I'm using Windows 7 X64 with Total Protection cpoy right 2013.

When I unlock my vault I'm unable to to lock it again.  The vault does lock from a timeout but that is the only way I have of locking the vault. I've compeleted a registry sweep for errors with no errors found and I've turned off access protection to see if that would correct the problem with no luck.  I share this machine with other users and preventing access to this data is very important. 

I'd like to get this corrected as soon as possible.

8 Replies
dennisp
Former Member
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unable to lock my vault

I should have stated that the error message is "The vault cannot be locked becuase one or more files in the vault are in use.  The vault currely has no files in it making this error message useless.

lpz999
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Hi Denis,

Can you tell me which version of Fle Lock installed on your PC?

Please check if logout and login your accont or reboot the machine fixes the problem, I mean to see if the vault can be locked.  

Good luck!

dennisp
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

My file lock version is 3.8

build 3.8.713

with the last update of 9/28/2013

no logging out and back in does not correct the issue.  there are no files in my vault.

lpz999
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

How about reboot machine?

dennisp
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

No rebooting the machine makes no difference.

lpz999
Former Member
Message 7 of 9

That means the vault is in unlocked status when reboot machine and launch the File Lock.  Check if you can create a new vault. If you can, try unlock/lock operation to what happens.

dennisp
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

I'm using a new vault that I created today, and which has never had a file in the vault.

Even if I create a new vault and unlock the vault and try to lock it again, I'm still unable to lock the vault.  I receive the same message that I reported earlier.

lpz999
Former Member
Message 9 of 9

I think you may consider reinstalling MTP to see if the problem goes away.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community