Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: Mcaffe Vault : Recover files after removal of file lock feature

in addition i have seen answer from mcafee mod that mcafee will release version that will create virtual Z station where files from vault are being moved to. from there you should be able to recover them since not protected anymore.

i have no time frame when this will happen.

best is to contact live support perhaps:

https://service.mcafee.com

tq_mtr
Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Today, 04/03/22, A technician (sounds like Indian) called me from McAffee, said he has a solution, but required to connect to my computer and install a patch. Sounds very suspicious. But he has a valid McAffee ticket #. Hummm has anyone has this situation.?

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 16

well, watching how mods are working in this community  they will never contact you without your consent.

on the otherhand you seem to have contacted mcafee support and received a ticketnumber . the person who phoned was referring to this ticketnumber  and seems valid.

maybe you could contact mcafee support if they can check if someone was contacting you from their end ?

link for live mcafee support;

https://service.mcafee.com

greetings

logickeau
Contributor
Message 14 of 16

I have suffered through this same problem and was not comfortable with allowing remote access to my system using LogMeIn. I was compelled to find a solution which I documented here https://medium.com/@solvere/mcafee-vault-recovery-post-end-of-life-290dd7abbad4.

Good Luck!

mitchkelly94
Contributor
Message 15 of 16

I called customer support and they told me there was no way to access the vault files after this application is removed... "Disappointed" is an understatement.

Bon12345
Contributor
Message 16 of 16

You are amazing! Thank you so much for sharing. It worked for me!
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community