cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walter3
Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: McAfee found my email on the dark web but wouldn't redirect me to the page where I can get more

Thanks Joseph. I'll give it another try next time it comes up.

Chris-A
Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Re: McAfee found my email on the dark web but wouldn't redirect me to the page where I can get more

Hi, did you get an answer to this?

Chris.

Chrissy1
Contributor
Message 13 of 18

No - not received any reply from McAfee.  Might be genuine but if it is it is not working.

Still waiting for reply - did send screen shot.

Nigel2
Contributor
Message 14 of 18

All,

Since I am ignorant perhaps I over-simplify: this seems to be a simple marketing campaign. No one provides information, McAfee provides no details in the message. I conclude that this is nothing more than terrorism. Change your passwords as regularly as you would normally. Luck to us all.

chazculva
Contributor II
Message 15 of 18

One of the worst companies!! Any you TRUST them?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee_8
Contributor
Message 16 of 18

I cannot believe this company! I have been trying to resolve the same issue as we have previously posted about.

“Sensitive Data Breach”

Perhaps McAfee has had a data breach or hack and has not reported it yet. There is no way this company is allowed to function and stay open for business! 

McAfee claims to be a leader in the safety and  security of personal identity protection industry. However, I am completely floored I cannot believe they are allowed to stay open for business.

I would imagine a company like this would be federally regulated or held to a certain standard considering the information they have access to is so sensitive.  I’m reporting them to the Better Business Bureau somethings definitely wrong here.

debbys16
Contributor
Message 17 of 18

I can see that the previous messages were a long time ago but there doesn't seem to have been a resolution.

I rec'd an email today saying that my info had been found on the dark web.  On logging into McAfee I get an attention needed message but when I click to see what was stolen the page just refreshes.

What is going on, am I at risk or not?

Pic included

McAfee.jpg

D_anielle
Contributor
Message 18 of 18

I have ran into the exact same issue, clicks on See What Was Stolen - yet the page refreshes, I contacted support and was given a phone number

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community