Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanMM
Contributor III
Message 1 of 27

McAfee Vaults

Jump to solution

How do remove this unwanted item from my PC, running Windows 10 v 20H2 (Build 19042.630) x64??

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
IanMM
Contributor III
Message 5 of 27

Re: McAfee Vaults

Jump to solution

McaFee have acknowledge that this is a design issue and MAY be revised in a future release of Total Protection.

View solution in original post

ups0
Contributor II
Message 7 of 27

Jump to solution

Run cmd As Administrator and paste:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McAfee\Installer\mcinst.exe" /uninstall /longpath "C:\Program Files\McAfee\MAT\matmain.inf"

View solution in original post

26 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 27

Jump to solution

Hi @IanMM 

McAfee vaults is a feature included in  the McAfee subscription (McAfee File Lock). If you have added the feature in the McAfee UI, you will be seeing the McAfee vaults folder created in the system drive. 

If you want to remove the McAfee vaults from your PC. Try re-installing the application. 

Regards

Magesh J

IanMM
Contributor III
Message 3 of 27

Jump to solution

Magesh,

Thank you for your response.

The issue is that before updating to v16.0 R29 I was NOT using File Lock; the 'upgrade' turned this feature 'On'.  I'm disappointed that there seems to be no method of turning this feature 'Off' without doing a re-instal

Unless you can tell me otherwise?

IanMM
Contributor III
Message 4 of 27

Jump to solution

According to McAfee, re-installing v16.0R29 will NOT let you turn File Lock off.

IanMM
Contributor III
Message 5 of 27

Jump to solution

McaFee have acknowledge that this is a design issue and MAY be revised in a future release of Total Protection.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 27

Jump to solution

Yeah same here I hate that this icon popped into File Explorer. And I cannot remove it. The only way is to completely remove McAfee Total Protection.

I don't use this feature and there should be option to disable/remove it.

IMHO the whole Total Protection should give user a choice what he wants to install.

ups0
Contributor II
Message 7 of 27

Jump to solution

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McAfee\Installer\mcinst.exe" /uninstall /longpath "C:\Program Files\McAfee\MAT\matmain.inf"

IanMM
Contributor III
Message 8 of 27

Jump to solution

Worked a treat!!  Thank you for responding.

IanMM
Contributor III
Message 9 of 27

Jump to solution

Fixed!!

See original thread, or . . .

ups0
Contributor II
Message 10 of 27

Jump to solution

Short term solution. McAfee has already "fixed" this and File Lock is automatically re-installed. Shame on you, McAfee guys.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community