Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 1 of 25

McAfee Vaults Icon in File Explorer

Hi

My McAfee Total Protection got upgraded now I have his icon in File Explorer:

Capture.PNG

Is there any way to remove/turn off this? I'm not using File Lock feature and I don't want this in my File Explorer.

Labels (1)
24 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 25

Re: McAfee Vaults Icon in File Explorer

Hi @Former Member 

We are sorry for the inconvenience as there is no possible options to remove McAfee vault separately at the moment. By uninstalling the McAfee application the vault will be removed and then re-install it. If you want to use file lock feature you can set up  if needed.

Thanks,

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 25

That's sad.

Please add this feature for next release. So there will be option to remove it. I don't use this feature and I don't want that icon in File Explorer. You should add an option to remove it.

durtybird
Contributor
Message 4 of 25

It is absurd that McAfee does not give us the option to remove the "McAfee Vaults" icon from file explorer for those of who do not use that feature. I and a great many others like to keep our operating system looking clean an free of clutter. Having an unused and unnecessary icon sitting there among my drives in the "This PC" page of File Explorer is irritating. I don't like having things that I don't use in File Explorer. It is inefficient and it is ugly. You can't even rename it, meaning that it stays ahead of all your drives at the front of the line, mocking you.

I don't have anyone else's logo plastered on my File Explorer "This PC" page, and I'd like to keep McAfee's off of it, too. If every software developer started doing this, then our File Explorer windows will start looking like the livery on a NASCAR stock car. I don't want that. I am quite sure that I am not the only one.

McAfee, please add a way to hide away this icon from the drives in File Explorer. It is an unnecessary eyesore for me.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 25

Indeed they need to implement this. I feel previous version of McAfee Total Protection was MUCH better. It was silent.. Just running and doing it's job.

The new version is full off pop-ups "how it scanned certain apps that I just launched and it's virus free"

I don't need to know that it's virus free! tell me when it has virus!

And also this stupid File Vault thing... 😕

McAfee you are going in wrong direction with this TP product!

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 25

First issue should be able to disable in informational alerts option in Livesafe. I assume android app similiar. Second does not worry me but I passed this to a manager.

orphicpixel
Contributor
Message 7 of 25

And yes, i open my explorer there goes the McAfee Vaults in the system folders. No option to turn it off

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 8 of 25

@PeacekeeperPlease provides us option to turn off File Vault or remove it. We don't want that Icon in File Explorer

Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 25

Sorry only a user like yourself here. was a mod now a helper. That said always a volunteer so not McAfee staff but I did mention your issue to the team that can make changes but I do feel it will be a low priority change. My feeling only.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 10 of 25

still no options to disable/hide this... McAfee please give us option to enable/disable this Vault thing..

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community