cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpj
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

McAfee File lock vault will not lock, will not allow access to files and cannot be deleted.

I have searched these fora for a solution to this problem. I have created a 4GB vault on my computer (operating Windows 10). The vault appears open, will not lock but will not allow access to the files. I have repeatedly rebooted my computer but the problem continues.

All I now want to do is to delete the vault, but because it appears open, the option to delete does not appear on the drop down menu.

I would appreciate help in resolving this issue.

With many thanks

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee File lock vault will not lock, will not allow access to files and cannot be deleted.

can you assist this user please.

One thought uninstall Mcafee and reinstall it not installing file lock if that is possible. Best let Selvan comment if no comment in a day I will ask in our moderation call tomorrow

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee File lock vault will not lock, will not allow access to files and cannot be deleted.

Hello

Please check whether closing all explorer windows and leaving PC idle for 10-15 mins locks the Vault. If not I would recommend opening a ticket with Tech Support https://service.mcafee.com

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community