cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAFee File Lock Version 9.7 (build 9.7.134) cannot open vaults created from previous version

I had several computers running McAFee Total protection with File Lock.  During the last week or so, when the Total Protection is upgraded to release version 16 R27 with File Lock version 9.7 (build 9.7.134), I can no longer open the vaults with the old password.  I can use the security questions to reset the password, but again the "new vault" cannot be opened by the older version of Total protection unless I reset the password again.  So the situation is that I had a vault file on USB drive, some of my computer can open the vault but not the other, or I need to constantly reset the password to open the vault.  Does anyone have similar problem or this is an intentional change in the File Lock version that backward compatibility is no longer there ?

3 Replies
Magesh
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAFee File Lock Version 9.7 (build 9.7.134) cannot open vaults created from previous version

Hi @blueplanet 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. we are aware of this issue and our engineering teaam is trying to figure this issue out . As of now we dont have an ETA for this .. once issue is resolved from backend you may be able to login to your vault with your default password.

Regards

Magesh J

Caspar54
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Re: McAFee File Lock Version 9.7 (build 9.7.134) cannot open vaults created from previous version

Hi, I have same problem, have to use old version to manage all unlock & change passwords.

In my 9.7.134 version only short ( 1 to 5 char) passwords work, and only without odd characters  (@#$&)

Please indicate ETA as I need to update Mcafee on all computers with file lock running with long passwords

ei
Level 7
Message 4 of 4

The new Total Protection (PC, 16.0 R28) problem is alive with my personal problem: I can't use my security response in the forgotten password process because it contains a Hungarian letter "á". My important files are locked,it is very secure....

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community