cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laurenceasspelt
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

How do I get online backup to work?

Hi. MacAfee help tells me to right click on backup icon and then to click on 'configure'. But 'configure' is not there. I'm trying to back up some documents but I cannot get the backup program to work. I'd be grateful for any advice.

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: How do I get online backup to work?

McAfee has discontinued Online Backup (by Mozy) so best you uninstall it and use another backup client.  McAfee Online Backup, powered by Mozy

How to uninstall Online Backup

Any problems contact Technical Support - it's free by phone or online chat and linked below.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Removal Tools

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 6

I apologize, I was getting local back and restore mixed up with Online Backup.  It's still available but only until the end of the year.

I would contact Technical Support in any case to be sure and they can help with any issues you are having.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 6

Hi

You can configure Online Backup by clicking on McAfee Online Backup Configure icon at the Desktop or you can click the icon blinking at System tray. Either way you should open up the Configuration Window where your MOBK account will be activated using the available License. You might need to enter your McAfee account password in this window for completing Activation.

Once activated you will be presented with the File System where you can choose from Files/Folders/Documents etc that needs to be uploaded to Servers.

If you have got Online Backup as part of the Security Suite you will have limited Storage capacity - 2GB or 1GB.

Kindly ensure the Validity of Online Backup by clicking on Subscription tile of McAfee GUI (Security)

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 6

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6

Since the McAfee Online Backup product is being discontinued, take care when looking for alternative backup systems. There are many different features available from different services. Some thing to consider:

1) Some backup services allow your mobile phone and table to sync and backup files. Some do not.

2) The mobile backup / sync option can be a manual process on some, and automatic on others.

3) Make sure the backup service provides a revision history. This helps should a file be changed or modified (cryptolocker!) but you will still have the ability to restore a previous version of the file before it it was changed.

4) The backup service may have a recycle bin. In case you accidentally delete a file, you will have the ability to retrieve it form the recycle bin and it will not be lost forever.

It is a lot to think about, but it can be important depending on your needs for file backup. If you happen to be running Windows 8.1, Microsoft OneDrive is integrated into it. It is an online storage and sync service with revision history, mobile device sync, and recycle bin. If you are not running 8.1, it has to be downloaded as a separate program. There are also many others with excellent features.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community