cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I tell if my Online Backup was installed and updated?

I need a little help if anyone has some ideas.  I bought the Online Back up product a couple of weeks ago, downloaded it and set it up.  I checked what I wanted backed up (lots of pictures) and it sadi it coupld take up to 1 week 2 days.  the next message was to wait while Online Backup configured.  This screen stayed up for a few days, unitl my daughter turned the computer off and now it doesn come back up.  How can I check if it actually had started to back up, what percent of the way though, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies

Re: How can I tell if my Online Backup was installed and updated?

By reading through some ot the other posts (guess I could have started there before posting), Start / Programs and saw that it appeared to be installed.  When i opened it upand selected  McAfee Online Backup Status, I get a status update stating that my files had been backed up (33GB) in the last 12 hours.  When I clicked  "history"  I could see the two times it had failed (CancelError2) to backup -- once automatic and once manually.  Then I saw that the entire file set had updated on 3/22 via manual start.  This first backup took 28 h 52 min, so I guess my "premium broadband"  acelerated the process. The whole "1 week 2 day" thing was a bit of an over estimation from McAfee?

My next two updates occured at 4 day intervals and took an average of 2 min.

Re: How can I tell if my Online Backup was installed and updated?

So are you Ok now if so make this as answered (by yourself)

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community