Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 15

Re: File Lock Not Loading

Jump to solution

It has to be installed & set up before you can use it and Technical Support can help you there.

Just click the link in my signature below and alter to your country if necessary at top right.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Removal Tools

lpz999
Former Member
Message 12 of 15

Jump to solution

It does not make sense unless the McPvNs.dll is unsigned by McAfee.  Please go to file folder: c:\Program Files\McAfee\MAT and select McPvNs.dll with right mouse click and select properties. Could you please tell me the file version from the File Property dialog box? If possible, please attach the screen shot image of the dialog box.

Thanks!

peyman321
Contributor II
Message 13 of 15

Jump to solution

Hi,

The problem was "mysteriously" solved. It could be because the number 4 of the following commands executed successfully:

(1) launch a command prompt run as administrator

(2) type "c:\program files\McAfee\mat" enter

(3) type "regsvr32 /u McPvNs.dll" enter

(4) type "regsvr32 McPvNs.dll" enter

I think the "Filelock" initial dialogue box appeared after a long delay after I clicked on it (I went out and when I came back I saw it on the screen !).

Here is the screen shot that you asked for:

version.jpg

Thanks !

peyman321
Contributor II
Message 14 of 15

Jump to solution

OK !

I think I understand what is the issue now !

You should not click on the "File lock" link in the McAfee total access Security Centre (Or the "McAfee File Lock" Icon that is created on the Desktop). They don't work. (Probably they just start the "File lock service" but nothing more).

Instead of doing that you have to open the "Computer" and you will see a new Icon called "McAfee Vaults" which is a new system folder. You have to click on that Icon then you can configure and use File Lock.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 15

Jump to solution

So everything is OK now?   Good 😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community