cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EpeUefibootcode error

I had to install McAfee for work related stuff at Oracle in my personal PC until I received my office laptop.

Now on uninstalling everything, I get this weird error which doesn't even let me open my BIOS menu. This is quite interesting, how can uninstalling something have such drastic affects.

5 Replies
Allwyn_GI
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: EpeUefibootcode error

Hi @Vamsikrishna98,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please let us know how have you uninstalled McAfee from your device?

Regards,

Allwyn I

I had Disk encryption active, and I just uninstalled it normally using the uninstall programs from the control panel

Allwyn_GI
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Vamsikrishna98,

Disk Encryption is not a feature of consumer grade product so if you could confirm the name of McAfee subscription,  we can have it routed to the concerned team.

Regards,

Allwyn I

Hi

I am an Oracle employee, I had to install it as a work prerequisite on my personal laptop before I received my office laptop 

Regards

Rajiv_s1
Message 6 of 6

Hello @Vamsikrishna98 ,

Based on your query we see that you have uninstalled lots of applications along with McAfee, in this situation we wont be able to narrow down the root cause but McAfee once uninstalled doesn't give suck error. Also please confirm the name of McAfee subscription that you use.

Regards,
Rajiv S

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community