Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jan-Carlsen
Contributor II
Message 1 of 7

McAfee livesafe

Jump to solution

On a new laptop I just install mcAfee livesafe, after that internet speed is very slow, it drops off and it types an error that no internet is there. On my old laptop there are no problems, any one knows this problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jan-Carlsen
Contributor II
Message 7 of 7

Re: McAfee livesafe

Jump to solution

I reinstalled windows and now it works

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @Jan-Carlsen 

Please ensure that McAfee installed on the device is up to date. McAfee process will be running in the background which will not interfere with the internet connection speed. If you are using any VPN the internet connection may fluctuate a bit when it is enabled. 

Thanks,

Jan-Carlsen
Contributor II
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

The laptops Windows system and McAfee livesafe are updated to the latest version, I don’t use the vpn functionality because the internet doesn’t work at all. 
when I am browsing I have to reload the pages because it says when I try to enter a new webpage that there are no internet connection and there are dns error 

Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @Jan-Carlsen 

Kindly try performing the below steps and update us the outcome. 

Open run command by pressing windows + R together and type ncpa.cpl > look for your connection and right click and select properties> select IPv4 and click on properties and the google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and click ok. 

Let us know if that resolves the issue.

Thanks,

Jan-Carlsen
Contributor II
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

It helps with the dns error but it is very slow to load webpages, I can see in the left button corner that it verifies the page 

kamen_uzunov
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @Jan-Carlsen ,

Please try the following:

-open McAfee

-click on the "PC" tab

-click on "Firewall" (right part of the window)

-Reset the Firewall settings and restart your PC

If the issue persists - then please repeat the steps and once you go to the Firewall settings choose "My Network Connections" and change the connection type to "Home". Then restart again and check if it's resolved.

If it still persists I recommend to contact our live support so that one of our technicians can check what is wrong: McAfee Technical Support

Regards,

Kamen

Jan-Carlsen
Contributor II
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

I reinstalled windows and now it works

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community