Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sankat7
Contributor II
Message 11 of 15

Re: x1.c.lencr.org

Jump to solution

Hi.

Like you and the rest of us, I am waiting for a response from McAfee as to whether it is malware that is attempting to connect to x1.c.lencr.org. I would also hope that the virus scan will be updated to pick up the source and quarantine it.

Kumar_suman
Message 12 of 15

Jump to solution

Hello,

We regret the inconvenience caused. McAfee is aware of this. We request you to follow the below article.

Your McAfee software blocked x1.c.lencr.org

Regards,

Kumar

sankat7
Contributor II
Message 13 of 15

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response and help. I can rest a little easier now that I know it is not really a virus.

Thanks.

ratepace
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Jump to solution

I don't have any dispute or problem with the way McAfee is blocking the attempts from my computer to connect to lencr.

PaulG
Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Jump to solution

Thanks for your advice, which I have followed, but it does not address the real issue. Something clearly happened a few weeks ago that affected an unknown number of people and caused the 'host process for Windows Services' to start trying to reach out to lencr.org - which is an encryption-focused service provider. It's good to know that this is not a dangerous site but by allowing access to stop the annoying pop-up messages will not have stopped these attempts to reach out. It simply enables those attempts to succeed. What we really need to know is: why did this start happening; why did McAfee not block whatever external influence prompted it; and how can we clean it off our systems? Simply to say that the lencr.org is safe and to allow our computers to reach it reminds me of a list of airline pilot maintenance reports, along with the technician's response, that circulated some years ago. One pilot reported 'Evidence of oil leak in landing gear', to which the technician responded: 'Evidence removed'. By allowing our machines to access this external site to stop the pop-up is exactly the same: the evidence has been removed, but the problem has not been addressed. (http://www.mathisfunforum.com/viewtopic.php?id=764). Your further advice would be welcome.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community