Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jurga
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

email ''Your identity protection service found a breach''

Jump to solution

hi,

i received the email with the above subject.

it says Your info was stolen. asking to click a link to see more...

please tell if its real or scam..

thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 5

Re: email ''Your identity protection service found a breach''

Jump to solution

Hi @jurga 

Greetings from McAfee

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please go through the below articles for more information.

How to recognize and protect yourself from phishing 

How to fix identity breaches

FAQ's for McAfee Identity Protection service 

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Hari

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @jurga 

Greetings from McAfee

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please go through the below articles for more information.

How to recognize and protect yourself from phishing 

How to fix identity breaches

FAQ's for McAfee Identity Protection service 

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Hari

MeenaSatish
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Thank you for the links you shared  The greatest hurdle I’ve faced is my inability to get in touch with someone at McAfee. I have been receiving pop up messages that are clearly not from McAfee. There’s no one I can clarify with, if the individual claiming to be an employee of McAfee is genuine. The McAfee Anti Virus was automatically uninstalled and instead of WebAdvisor there was WEBsite Advisor. My Yubikey was no longer being recognised by the authentication manager  I lost almost all my passwords despite having subscribed to McAfee, so it didn’t make sense to renew the subscription.. I have provided my new email address, I hope someone at McAfee cares enough to get in touch 

nickc1
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

I have had exactly the same thing (see attached).

I have read your reply to the previous contributor, and find it wholley unsatisfactory.

All I want to know is, does McAfee send out these emails or is it likely to be phishing?

If I click on 'show me', I am asked for my email details and password, which seems suspicious.

I have just bought a new computer, with a free-for-30-day trial of McAfee, so it's not unreasonable that this might be genuinely from you.

However, I think it strange that you should ask for this level of disclosure. I also think that is is suspicious that, if this is  phishing and that having just bought a computer, there may be a breach within McAfee that promts the generation of these contacts.

Please let me know Urgently if this is something likely to come from you.

Unless I get a satisfactory response, I will not be signing up to McAfee on my new computer.

TTAA
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

I have the same question n would like to have anyone from Mcafee to clarify that.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community