Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdCo
Contributor II
Message 1 of 6

e-mail address leaked.

Hi  all,

I have a old email address and its leaked in a couple  of sources. Now i do now its a old address and many histories going along this email. Of course i dont use it anymore for private, and migrate all trusted to another address. But when it open protect more and add this address for test and run the program it told me im leaked in a couple of sites, now i the program clearly told me a resolution and go to that account, and change password.

McAfee, are you serious about this solution? Because i never create those few silly accounts, i checked one with a ImaBot.com tool and i never create whatever exist there, so when third parties or people create a account for bad reasons without knowing, why you telling me i go there and change password??? I would recommend a destroy email address...thats saver for all those users who are reading this for a solution.

Note: the program was send me to this account.......for a resolve, thats creepy.

5 Replies
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 6

Re: e-mail address leaked.

Hi @EdCo 

We regret for the inconvenience!

Phishing is an online form of identity theft. It is a method of fraudulently obtaining personal information by sending fake emails to unsuspecting recipients that look like they come from trusted sources (such as banks or legitimate companies). The personal information targeted by phishing generally includes passwords, social security numbers, and credit card details. Kindly refer the below article for details.

How to recognize and protect yourself from phishing

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

EdCo
Contributor II
Message 3 of 6

Dear Sudharsanam,

It's a very wide spread to say its ''phishing'' As a former official law gatekeeper/admin from a 3D site all ages i know about chat rules worldwide and pretty much as well about security, its just that someone used my address for envinious things, i know thatswhy the spam at that address.

The problem is that McAfee Total Protection program tool indentity checker confirmed that address is leaked ( wich i know allready, i was just testing ) and then bring me a very eyebrown fronze because the solution is to visit that side, and change password...so in my point of few and within acceptable parameters its a wrong solution.

I would like to see more solutions because i'm running trusted addresses monitoring by that same tool.

So i don't take this as a accept solution.

Sincerely yours,

Ed cornwall

Hari_durairaj
Message 4 of 6

Hi @EdCo  

We regret for the inconvenience!

We have sent a personal message. Kindly revert back with the requested details to assist you further.

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Hari Durairaj

EdCo
Contributor II
Message 5 of 6

Hiya Hari,

I did what you asked me to do, but its Thursday now and i wonder what happend next.

Beside of this, i talked with a retired botmaster from hungary wich i worked with at that 3D site all ages 20 years ago  and allways can asked for anytime for a lifetime, he had the tools for check so i explained and he check those 3 sites and he explain pretty much similair as what i thought it was, leave that mail and create a couple of strong trusted addresses, and use a ten thousand others for not official issues.

I talked with my daughter, and show her the program and that '' haunted '' tool , she said: '' Dad , are you serious? you all give your private things to that tool for '' monitor '' ? 

''What if one of your 3 bankaccounts are leaked? How McAfee total Protection is gonna response to that? Dad? please...'' 

could be from a major hack from a big company as we saw in the passed with Linkedin, what i try to say is what that tool have for solution imagine the tool detect a leak from all the parameters i filled in....

Note: I give you a pm about something some people advise me to do, i was given the link to my daughter as well, but ofcourse she aint gonna use McAfee Total Protection after she heard and saw all about that '' haunted '' tool. Thats sad.

EdCo
Contributor II
Message 6 of 6

So again, i still wait for a accept solution, but McAfee and me  got to known eachother better, its pretty much the same as DELL-Alienware forum from the VS and pretty much the same lay-out 🙂

I still wait for a accept solution within acceptable parameters the tool have, you left me with a cheap answer, i am waiting for a solution about that tool. 

If not reacting, i think i might be left McAfee Total Protection.

Please, don't show accept solution because its still not !

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community