cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alrifaimahmoud
Contributor II
Message 1 of 10

double subscriptions and I received emails from McAfee that my Livesafe will expire soon

Jump to solution

I already subscripted to McAfee until 08/23/2023 when I purchased a new laptop from the UK, I am currently now in brazil and I received many alerts from Mcafee that my purchase will be expired, I forget that I already have 1-year subs. I made the purchase and money was transferred from my account, when I tried to verify I saw my old purchase and remembered that, but I can't communicate with support and I can't see the purchase on my account page. any help?Screenshot 2022-11-24 000333.pngScreenshot 2022-11-24 000401.pngScreenshot 2022-11-24 000425.pngScreenshot 2022-11-24 000510.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alrifaimahmoud
Contributor II
Message 3 of 10

Re: double subscriptions and I received emails from McAfee that my Livesafe will expire soon

Jump to solution

Hi @Hari_durairaj 

The emails I received not spam they are from mcafee and the payment goes to mcafee sao paulo br, because i paied it with 3 installation  payments. 

I attached some photos, if you need full numbers of order or bank statment i would love to send.

Thanks

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 10

Re: double subscriptions and I received emails from McAfee that my Livesafe will expire soon

Jump to solution

Hi @alrifaimahmoud 

We deeply regret for the inconvenience caused.

If you had received emails or pop ups in the name of McAfee. Please confirm whether it legitimate or scam notifications.

We would like to let you know the pop ups or emails you received from the browser or through emails is a scam notifications not from the original source.

As McAfee wouldn't send fake alerts from the browser or through email.  To recognize fake alerts alerts please refer our article on the given below link.

Your browser displays fake McAfee notifications

How to recognize and protect yourself from phishing 

To recognize legitimate emails from McAfee kindly refer our below article for information.

Recognize McAfee Emails

You can also report to our concern team who are working deliberately on the scam emails. Please report scam emails to spam@mcafee.com. For more information kindly click on the below link.

Report about scam notifications.

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call (866-622-3911) US

McAfee Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Hari Durairaj

alrifaimahmoud
Contributor II
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @Hari_durairaj 

The emails I received not spam they are from mcafee and the payment goes to mcafee sao paulo br, because i paied it with 3 installation  payments. 

I attached some photos, if you need full numbers of order or bank statment i would love to send.

Thanks

Hari_durairaj
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @alrifaimahmoud 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly revert with the required details to help you further.

Regards,
Hari Durairaj

alrifaimahmoud
Contributor II
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

@Hari_durairaj i didn't receive the message yet.

Neither email nor community.

alrifaimahmoud
Contributor II
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

@Hari_durairaj i didn't receive any email  please

Hari_durairaj
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @alrifaimahmoud 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message again to you, kindly revert with the required details to help you further.

Regards,
Hari Durairaj

JeffRowley
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

I want subscription of McAfee security and VPN for my online business of marijuana products online.

Edward_Franso
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @JeffRowley 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused we request you to contact our McAfee consumer support using the below link.

McAfee Chat Support

Regards,
Edward Franso

artofthefirstpe
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Re: double subscriptions and I received emails that my Macafee package has expiredf

Jump to solution

I have just had an enormous battle with what appeared to be a legitimate request by "Macafee" for immediate payment to renew my membership, or suffer loss of service. I had recently purchased a 3 year 10 device package just over a month ago.

I contacted "Macafee" to question this arbitrary demand, only to be taken on a long journey that requested remote access to my PC (not via one of my tablets).

All I wanted to do was cancel what appeared to be a legitimate Macafee error and be left alone and not be doubled charged.

These guys (there was a second person advising what appeared to be a "newbee" who keep "over-riding" the other "customer service" member).

I fought these guys for well over 90 minutes as they insisted on attempting to extract unfettered remote access to one of my PC's.

All I wanted was the apparent request from "Macafee" to be reviewed and cancelled!

I had been recently hacked by a similar group of scammers who used a very similar tactic, who once told to "f**k off" spammed me with litterally hundreds of false but totally different telephone numbers via my mobile for several days to exact revenge.

I will never ever again allow the possibility of sharing my personal details with a stranger - and suggest that caution should prevail without exception when one is faced with such an issue.

Don't be concerned about the immanent threat of "loss of service" due to an apparent request for payment for a Macafee service that YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBSCRIBED TO!

I won't say what I would like to do these "guys" on a public forum, but you can surely imagine!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community