cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devonscouse
Former Member
Message 11 of 38

Re: Windows live mail compatibility

Sorry to cause confusion Ex Brit my chat with Tech Support was ref Windows Live Mail.

We were told that for any non-SSL POP3 email client not listed as compatible with the Anti-Spam Toolbar emails should still be marked as "Spam" in the Inbox.  It's then a simple matter to make a rule to filter that email into another manually created folder of choice. Isn't that happening either?

Sorry but that not appear to be happening either. Nothing is been marked as Spam.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 38

OK, one of McAfee Tier-3 people is looking into it.  I'll let him know that.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 38

devonscouse, I'm asked to ask you the following:

Did they try a simple Filter (create a personal filter using 77777 in the subject line), and then email a message to themselves (from another email account – one that is NOT in the Friends list) with 77777 in the subject line?

Are they able to view the email header in WLM (I don’t’ recall and don’t’ have it open at the moment) to see if there is a MSK: entry?

Are we able to repro their problem?

devonscouse
Former Member
Message 14 of 38

No they did not try a simple Filter

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 38

I don't have WLM to check but when you look at the header in WLM are any of them appended with (Spam) ?

devonscouse
Former Member
Message 16 of 38

Afraid not. No Header.  Since I installed 2010 security I have not seen 1 email marked as Spam

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 38

OK thanks, I've passed that along.

devonscouse
Former Member
Message 18 of 38

OK Many thanks.

Dont know if this possible  Ex Brit could you send me a PM with subject of Have a Nice Day as I have set up set up filter to block it.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 38

Done.

viva1
Former Member
Message 20 of 38

Thanks exbrit

I have no filters set up on Windows Live Mail.  In General Antispam once it is installed does it automatically I just hope it can be made compatible with WLM soon.  Should I do so and set up filters?

Thanks

Message was edited by: viva1 on 16/03/10 14:54:40 CDT

on 16/03/10 14:55:36 CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community