Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siglr
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Total Protection with Outlook 2010

Hello

I have McAfee Total Protection installed with the Web and Email Protection's Anti-Spam feature enabled. It says everything is fine but since I installed Microsoft Outlook 2010, I do not see any sign of that.

First, in the Add-ins options tab, there doesn't seem to be any McAfee add-in there. Second, I do not see anything from the anti-spam feature in any of the ribbons menus. Third, there is nothing in the McAfee Anti-Spam folder. And finally, I now receive SPAM emails and I didn't used to (well not so much anyway).

What can I do? What should I do?

Please help!

Thanks

Guy

9 Replies
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Total Protection with Outlook 2010

I am using outlook 2010 and it works perfectly for me.

Could you please try these options.

close outlook

Open McAfee and locate the Web and Email Protection's Anti-Spam and look for

Tool bar section

uncheck the Outlook option and then click on apply.

now check that option again so that its selected

click apply.

close all windows

start outlook and look at the right hand end of the ribbon where it will now ( ideally ) say add-ins.

siglr
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Good idea... Unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem. I still don't see anything from McAfee on the Add-ins ribbon. I don't even see it in the Add-ins manager, not even in the "disabled" section.

I've managed to re-enable another add-in that I used before, Spambayes, and it now works and appears in the Add-ins ribbon at the far right. I don't find this convenient compared to the old toolbar system but that's an entirely different issue with Microsoft!

I've attached two screenshots of what I see in Outlook...

Thanks for the help

Guy

siglr
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

I'm just out of a Live support chat with McAfee technical support people...

The official answer is that it doesn't currently work with Outlook 2010. They are working with Microsoft to resolve the issue and it should be fixed soon...

Well, for those of you who can see the add-in in Outlook 2010, it seems you got lucky!!

Thanks

Guy

hcheng
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

Hi siglr,

Can you first check what version of Anti-Spam are you using?

Then check if mskoladd.dll is present in your C:/program files/mcafee/msk folder?

siglr
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

How exactly do I check the version... I looked everywhere in the McAfee control panel and I can't find the version anywhere.

Regarding your other question, I see several DLL files in my C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK folder, two of them mskoeplg.dll and mskolplg.dll, but no mskoladd.dll.

I attached another screenshot of the McAfee control panel, in the Anti-Spam toolbar tab.

Thanks for your help

Guy

UPDATE: The file mskolplg.dll tells me this information:

File description: McAfee Anti-Spam Outlook plug-in

File version: 11.0.259.0

Ce message a été modifié par: siglr on 10-05-31 14:40:24 CDT
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 10

perhaps you can try a right click check for update ( ~ 80 MB).. once done reboot the computer and check the version of Anti-spam on the mcafee installation.

version 11.5.xxx is due update soon for regular consumer and it must Outlook 2010 ( still in MS beta) version...

siglr
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

I understand Office 2010 has not made it to the public yet, although I do have the release version as I have a TechNet license which allowed me to download it (I think it's the same as the RTM version).

So, I tried to update but of course, I have the latest version already. I will wait for the official update, it won't be too long. I've been able to enable Spambayes anyway, which I prefer as my anti-spam solution.

Thanks!

Guy

vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 10

The update version I indicated was due realase in a day or soon...........( and forgot to inform that it works perfectly on Beta version of mcafee available @ beta.mcafee.com  if you are interested in beta products.. 🙂 )

badinplaid737
Former Member
Message 10 of 10

Currently with Office 2010 and Outlook 2010 we still have no funcitonality for Anti-Spam.  I have the most current updates.  I have tried the uncheck all then recheck Outlook on toolbar and still nothing.  Outlook 2010 has been in beta for the better part of 6 months.  McAfee should have resolved the issues so that our migration to Office 2010 would be more smooth.  Let us just say that the Junk filter in Outlook is not nearly as robust as it should be...then again if it were robust then McAfee woudn't have to creat Anti-Spam

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community