Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loudo
Contributor
Message 81 of 109

Re: Thunderbird 3 and Mcafee spam

Jump to solution

My Thunderbird email program has showed the icon, filtered email OK, but I have not been able to tag an email as SPAM since I loaded version 3. This morning I went to Tools/Ad Ons/Extensions/McAfee Anti Spam Thunderbird Extension 1.0 and disabled it. Thunderbird was then shut down and areopened. I went back to it again and enabled it. Thunderbird shut down and restarted. I went back to my email, and found a Spam email that got through my filter and tagged it as Spam. It removed it from the folder and sent it to my McAfee folder where it used to.

Sure glad to have it back working again.

Message was edited by: loudo on 12/23/10 9:55:07 AM CST
hcheng
Former Member
Message 82 of 109

Re: Thunderbird 3 and McAfee spam

Jump to solution

Thanks for attaching the log. The installation of Thunderbird extension seems to encounter some issues. We'll look into it and keep you up-to-date.

on 12/23/10 3:52:12 PM GMT-05:00
mcgiga
Former Member
Message 83 of 109

Jump to solution

your picture

br

mcgiga

hcheng
Former Member
Message 84 of 109

Jump to solution

After investing further, mcgiga's TB plugin problem is identified and resolved.

here is a brief summary and quick fix for whoever has similar problem..

If you have Multiple Profiles* setup within Thunderbird and Anti-Spam toolbar does not show up after upgrade/install, do the following steps:

1. open TB profile manager by executing "thunderbird.exe -P" in Run window
  2. Make sure every profile in thunderbird is initialized properly first by starting with each profile at least once with thunderbird. To do this, double click on each profile, and close Thunderbird. Then run "thunderbird.exe -P" again and choose a different profile.
  3. After all the profile has been initialized, close Thunderbird.
  4. open cmd in administrative mode and navigate to "c:\program files\mcafee\msk". Run "regsvr32 tbirdins.dll".
  5. Open Thunderbird again and the plugin should be installed correctly now.

*"Multiple profiles" is not the same as "multiple mail accounts". If you do not know what's multiple profile, please refer to http://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-us/kb/Using+Multiple+Profiles

laxdude
Former Member
Message 85 of 109

Thunderbird 3 and Mcafee spam

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem that has been reported in this thread - the McAfee anti-spam icon appears in the toolbar for Thunderbird 3.1.7; however, the "mark as spam" button has no effect, and spam messages are not being delivered to a spam folder. In fact, a spam folder does not even exist.

I am using the Verizon Internet Security Suite (powered by McAfee). I suspect that this partner version of McAfee anti-spam is not up-to-date with the fix for this problem, but what perplexes me is that the version number I see is entirely different from the ones I've seen posted here. The application tells me that the Anti-Spam is version 11.50.136, but according to the postings here, the fix is in version 11.5.141. Can someone comment on the apparent difference in versions (11.50 vs 11.5)?

Thanks much.

Peacekeeper
Message 86 of 109

Jump to solution

Sure re 11.50 as should be 11.5. Might be a version thing please reconfirm the 50 and I will ask

laxdude
Former Member
Message 87 of 109

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, the version I am seeing is indeed 11.50. Here is what I see:

Product Name:AntiSpam
Product Version:11.50.136
Language:en-us
Partner:Verizon

I should mention that finding the version info was somewhat challenging. The only way I have been able to obtain it is through Help > Support Website, which then runs the McAfee Virtual Technician. From there, I am able to obtain a Problem Log which contains version info for all of the installed components.

Thanks for the help.

Peacekeeper
Message 88 of 109

Jump to solution

Easier to go to navigation (Top right) and about (left side).

Ok the 50 probably implies a partner does the other part ie virusscan show 50 as well?

Look in the link abobe.

I would say yours is behind will confirm Monday phone call

laxdude
Former Member
Message 89 of 109

Jump to solution

Yes, that is a much easier way to find the version info. Here is the complete set:

Security Center Version: 10.50 Build: 10.50.160 Affld: 756-2 Last update: 1/28/2011

Virus Scan Version: 14.50 Build: 14.50.118 Last update: 2/26/2011

Personal Firewall Version: 11.50 Build: 11.50.115 Last Update: 1/28/2011

SiteAdvisor Version: 3.1 Build: 3.1.0.175 Affld:756-2 Last update: 1/28/2011

Anti-Spam Version: 11.50 Build: 11.50.136 Last update: 1/28/2011 Engine version 2.1.0.8571

QuickClean and Shredder: Version: 10.50 Build 10.50.128 Last update: 1/28/2011

Thanks again!

GWE
Former Member
Message 90 of 109

Jump to solution

I could use some help-when it came out that the mcafee antispam was now fixed and worked in TB it did indeed work, however, about 2-3 weeks in it again stopped working.  I do not recall doing anything such as upgrading or adding an add on in TB.  I am using ver 3.17 of TB and I always keep mcafee updated.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community