Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jo1
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Suspicious renewal email

Jump to solution

I have had this email purporting to be from McAfee but my subscription is not due. Please can you confirm it is not genuine 

Screenshot_20220222-193122_Outlook.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Smita_Kumari
Message 2 of 9

Re: Suspicious renewal email

Jump to solution

Hi @Jo1 

Greetings from McAfee,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We would like to inform you that McAfee communicates with the customer with e-mail address ending with (domain) mcafee.com.

This e-mail is not legitimate so we request you to move this e-mail to the spam folder so that the sender will be blocked from sending mail to your e-mail address in future.

For more details kindly refer the article How to recognize and protect yourself from phishing

Regards,
Smita

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Smita_Kumari
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi @Jo1 

Greetings from McAfee,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We would like to inform you that McAfee communicates with the customer with e-mail address ending with (domain) mcafee.com.

This e-mail is not legitimate so we request you to move this e-mail to the spam folder so that the sender will be blocked from sending mail to your e-mail address in future.

For more details kindly refer the article How to recognize and protect yourself from phishing

Regards,
Smita

Yorkie6947
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

Why don't McAfee have an email address to which we can send suspect emails?

I downloaded the mcst-installer, tried to install to no avail, so pointless!

Kurt1549
Contributor II
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

I have a very similar problem but they domain keeps changing (example: inxjkungycnlvhhpkrdiqtzxzexkubfpdjyslbpvmrqkibvszhzjapocaxjvmrrdxsdrvmaahrzexydn)

and I get another one the next day.  Any other suggestions?

KGT
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

Sorry, McAfee tech but your solution doesn't address the root cause.

I do not receive any other FAKE subscription renewals regarding any other products or services. This whole issue sounds like your subscription renewal email lists/dates have been hacked or sold and can be found on the dark web or some other nefarious location.

If this is your way of "fixing" the issue, you have not done a thorough job. Rather, you are putting it on your users to deal with...and that is poor customer service.

Flangela100
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

How do I know if an email is from McAfee?

Jump to solution

Hi I've received an email with the attached, which states:

The hacking attempt was blocked

The attempt was on Thu, 28 Apr 2022 18:45:36 -0400
Someone has just used your device to try to copy some information. McAfee has blocked them, but you need to reactivate your subscription to protect your personal information on future attempts.

Is this from McAfee? 

Thanks

Xyber
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Re: How do I know if an email is from McAfee?

Jump to solution

let me be the first to tell you, I bought McAfee and it is **bleep**! I tried out viruses on this system that just walked right on in.. I dont ever suggest using McAfee. I actually wasted money testing its services.. I intentionally opened viruses on a virtual machine and didnt even catch them. They were embedded so a bit harder to detect, so I hope this info helps you.. I used another virus protection that caught them all, which I wont list because This post will surely be deleted then, but dont waste your money anymore... 

also, dont you find it funny when you pay for "total protection" but want you to add a card on file to "remove" a virus or to get further identity protection? 
McAfee is the "ONLY" software which does this.. the ONLY!!

Xyber
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

I am an ethical Hacker, many of our tools have circulated on the internet thanks to youtube.. I highly suggest you never open an email that looks suspicious or one that you 100% do not know. Although.. with a program we use to test vulnerabilities has gotten in the hands of the wrong people, this program is called BeEF. You are not safe anymore and McAfee does have safe browser which catches it, "sometimes" but viruses it has failed to stop..

Xyber
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

goodjob, you just infected yourself!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community