cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 31 of 35

Re: Spam rules don't appear to update in Mozilla Thunderbird.

Well if you were talking abot TB 3 an uninstall reinstall of Mcafee would fix it. With TB5 sorry I have no idea so will ask.

kb2nbn
Former Member
Message 32 of 35

Tony thank you for your response. I seem to remember that with TB3 it did eventually get fixed without me doing anything. One day there was a miracle and it was working again.. Thunderbird reports that the anti-spam v.01 extension is not compatible with V5 and it immediately disabled it. I've removed the "bad" extension. The extension was written and distributed by McAfee. Any assistance with this would be appreciated.

Peacekeeper
Message 33 of 35

Asked Okv to respond

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 34 of 35

Thunderbird 5.0 is not presently supported in the current production version.

It will be supported in next version and consequently will be part of the Beta program release which is planned in the end of summer.

We are also working on back-porting this new functionality into the current version, and are planning to release it in August.

More info is in our FAQ - Anti-Spam will not load on Thunderbird 5

Message was edited by: Steerpike_ca on 15/07/11 11:54:13 EDT AM
kb2nbn
Former Member
Message 35 of 35

Thanks for the explanation. I totally understand the situation. I also understand that Mozilla has adopted a quick update schedule that probably has caught some extension/plugin authors off guard.

I look forward to the release of the reworked plugin.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community