cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tinsky
Former Member
Message 1 of 35

Spam rules don't appear to update in Mozilla Thunderbird.

I have thunderbird 3.1.7.

For a long time Macfee just didn't appear tow work with Thunderbird so I relied on thunderbird to filter the spam which was doing okay... then one day Macfee was there and had started working -  (precise date is 3/01/2011).

Antispam is turned On. However it doesn't appear to work properly.  I have the setting set to Balanced and to capture any emails over 150kb (which I think was the default setting).  The emails that are not spam that are sent to the spam I mark as friends and then mark them as not spam....  These emails then move my to inbox... so far so good however....

I've checked my friends list and the email address exist, so they have been added

This flagging of emails as friends and not spam doesn't appear to work - the rules are not working as the email addresses (when I get a new email and I have checked the file size) still get sent to spam.  And emails that I mark as spam... still get sent to my inbox.

What am I doing wrong?

(PS I've tried to download the Support programme but my windows  (v7) keeps closing it when it tries to update.)

34 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 35

Re: Spam rules don't appear to update in Mozilla Thunderbird.

I think there might still be a glitch will check up.

Herve_Qc
Former Member
Message 3 of 35

Hi,

I do not know exatly when it happened, but I have exactly the same behavior since some days ! All my contact's email go into the SPAM folder, I have TB 3.1.7. I changed the security level, no changes. I can unselect the SPAM and then they go in the right folder. I did some test with another personnal address, removed it from my contact, recreated it, still the same, they all go in the SPAM. This is annoying !

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 35

Asked a tech who uses TB to post back

Herve_Qc
Former Member
Message 5 of 35

I hoped having some news today, good or not. My notes :

1. McAffee activity increases when I open TB, TB is now very slow to open

2. Emails from unknown senders (not in contacts list) are never marked as SPAM, all contacts list are SPAMED

I erased my contact list again, they are marked, this is normal, but from previous unknown (see 2), no mark, this is not normal.

I hope this issue solved quickly, I hate playing with removing the mark to have my good mails in the right folder

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 35

Tech looking at issue this weekend when home. He also asked 1 of the forum techs to contact you to get some logs.

Herve_Qc
Former Member
Message 7 of 35

A tech from Europe contacted me by email, I asked for a French service... He wants me to re-install McAfee, clear the temp folder and all files under Internet Explorer, lol, I never use it, only Firefox.

I do not clear anything until somebody looks at my data, thank you PeaceKeeper !

Ce message a été modifié par: Herve_Qc on 21/01/11 19:53:02 CST
Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 35

Now that was fast. Please keep us informed how it is going.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 25/01/11 7:14:36 AM
Dinz
Former Member
Message 9 of 35

Hi Herve_Qc,

Please see to that you do not have any rules set in your Thunder bird, Additionally, I have sent you an email requesting for more details so that we could reach you over phone and collect some logs that would help us drill down the issue further. Please have it replied so that we could help you get proceed further with this.

Regards,
Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

hcheng
Former Member
Message 10 of 35

Is this problem still occurring? I tried to reproduce it but couldn't get it to show up on my machine.

Dinesh, can you forward me a copy of the logs/details once you get it? Thanks..

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community