cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tinsky
Former Member
Message 11 of 35

Re: Spam rules don't appear to update in Mozilla Thunderbird.

Yes, It still doesn't work on my computer.

Tinsky
Former Member
Message 12 of 35

I was wondering if someone could look at my issue?  Not to be rude or anything as I know the person who posted after me appears to have a similar issue, but I feel like my problem / post was hijacked?  Maybe I should call support instead?

Peacekeeper
Message 13 of 35

hcheng

Can you look at this user's issue please he is correct he is the OP of this thread

hcheng
Former Member
Message 14 of 35

Tinsky, check your PM inbox. I've sent you a message requesting some information to help us determining the problem.

Peacekeeper
Message 15 of 35

Thanks

hcheng
Former Member
Message 16 of 35

Does this problem still exist? I haven't heard back from either of you yet.

steelwheel
Former Member
Message 17 of 35

The problem still exist! (no, I'm not the TO, but have similar problems "today")

"One day" the toolbar appeard (without updating TB) in TB (today: 3.1.11) and the spamfilter started its work. Because of an equal setting like above, some mails were moved to the now shown spam-dir. Well, after several wrong marks I started to configure my product - I named one mail of my development server (sends only from this one-and-only adress, a typically part in the subject line is set, too), I set the full domain and tried almost everything known (re-install is no case!). All as spam unmarked emails will be still "spam" (private or my special mails from the dev-server) ... all settings (!; if unmarking an email, it is send to the normal incoming folder correctly) are just ignored.

The email of McA with "Welcome to the McAfee Community" is spam, too.

The following extensions are installed within TB:

- AdBlock

- Lightning

- Compact Header

- Extra Folder Columns

- Local Folder

- McA Ant-Spam Extension 1.0

Plugins:

none

Themes:

none

I have round about 16 or 17 filters ("move this email to that folder if incoming") set - these working fine!! The internal "junk-filter" is active, too.

Re-activation of the toolbar doesn't fix it. Re-install is - as said - no case.

System: Win7-64 ... the software of McA is installed correctly and works as expected.

Info: If I move an email by drag and drop out of the spam folder to elsewhere, I'm not able to unmark it from "spam" to an 'correct' mail. The mail has to be in the McA spam-dir to get unmarked.

Thank you.

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 18 of 35

Hi All,

My two cents:

Setting the Spam Protection Level to Restricted is best and stops all need for Rules, which don't work to everyone's satisfaction, anyway.

Just be sure to keep your Friend's List updated and delete daily all messages in the McAfee Anti-Spam folder.

steelwheel
Former Member
Message 19 of 35

Sorry, Creator, but this can't be the solution - it's part of not even cheap product and the results are ... I just changed the settings to the highest possible level. Tomorrow new mails will arrive ... ^^

And: I have to work with the McA Spam-folder, because my emails go there ... manually sorting and check every mail is required, because of a malfunctional program ... u know?! It doesn't work - that's the case ... but paid!!

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 20 of 35

steelwheel wrote:

Sorry, Creator, but this can't be the solution - it's part of not even cheap product and the results are ... I just changed the settings to the highest possible level. Tomorrow new mails will arrive ... ^^

And: I have to work with the McA Spam-folder, because my emails go there ... manually sorting and check every mail is required, because of a malfunctional program ... u know?! It doesn't work - that's the case ... but paid!!

Hi steelwheel,

You stated:  Spam rules don't appear to update in Mozilla Thunderbird.

McAfee does not update / upgrade Spam rules for Mozilla Thunderbird. That is for Mozilla to do.

McAfee only updates the filters for sending Emails to the McAfee Anti-Spam Folder or to the InBox.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community