cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulflv
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Spam e-mail

Yesterday I received an e-mail from Mr. Harley Turner from McAfee Total Inc. regarding a (supposed to be) renewed subscription of a McAfee product on my @hotmail.com account (which I have not used for a long period, but I keep this account as a backup.

message is following:

Resumed your services135692

Hello Customer, ?????@hotmail.com

Subscription Renewed!

Dear Customer, we are glad to inform you that your request for renewing an annual subscription is processed successfully.

Your PC and network protection services has been renewed and reactivated successfully for a period of one year unless cancelled by you.

The annual recurring charge of $ 379.95 is debited from the nominated payment method, this amount will reflect on the statement in few hours.

Have Questions? kindly contact us at+1 (978) 822 0961(Tollfree)

Here are your product and order details:

Customer Reference ID: 977-5106-5106
PC Security and Network Protection
Seller's Name: MCAfee Total Inc.
Payment Method: Direct Debit
Order Amount: $ 379.95

The annual recurring charge will be debited again on May, 25, 2024 (annual fee) unless we get a verbal consent to cancel the subscription.

For cancellation and refund, please contact us within 24 hours to avoid any transactional dispute.

Respectfully

Harley Turner
McAfee Support Team
Tollfree Number +1 (978) 822 0961.

Mr. Harley Turner is using the following e-mail account:

fdgfghjhk566778@G????.com

This is obviously and likely a SPAM e-mail.

However, I would like to know, if you have any information about these kind of e-mail messages.

I have posted this e-mail in my @Gmail SPAM box, including data of whoever is the sender in my contact account, together with a {BLOCK SENDER}.

Best regards,

Paul van der Aa

Netherlands

2023-05-27-07:56 CET 

1 Reply
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Spam e-mail

Hi @Paulflv 

We regret for the inconvenience!

Cybercriminals target individuals through fake emails that look as if they've been sent from an established and legitimate company. These fake emails use a technique called 'phishing'. Phishing gets its name because the technique involves 'fishing' for passwords, user names, and other sensitive information. Kindly refer the below article for detailed information

You get fake emails from scammers posing as McAfee

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community