Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krzychuxxx
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Spam after installing mcafee app

Jump to solution

Hi, I just want to know how it is possible that after installing Your app on my phone i get automatically a spam email from a scammers?

IMG_2604.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
krishna55
Message 2 of 7

Re: Spam after installing mcafee app

Jump to solution

Hi @krzychuxxx,

Greetings from McAfee.

We regret for the inconvenience. Cybercriminals target individuals through fake emails that look as if they've been sent from an established and legitimate company. Their goal is to get you to reveal your private and sensitive information such as your credit card details, date of birth, social security number, and more.We would like to inform you that McAfee communicates with the customer with e-mail address ending with (domain) mcafee.com. Kindly refer the below article for detailed information.

fake emails from scammers posing as McAfee

For more details kindly refer this article 

How to recognize and protect yourself from phishing

For any additional help contact our McAfee support

Customer support

Regards,
Krishnamanikandan KS

View solution in original post

6 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @krzychuxxx,

Greetings from McAfee.

We regret for the inconvenience. Cybercriminals target individuals through fake emails that look as if they've been sent from an established and legitimate company. Their goal is to get you to reveal your private and sensitive information such as your credit card details, date of birth, social security number, and more.We would like to inform you that McAfee communicates with the customer with e-mail address ending with (domain) mcafee.com. Kindly refer the below article for detailed information.

fake emails from scammers posing as McAfee

For more details kindly refer this article 

How to recognize and protect yourself from phishing

For any additional help contact our McAfee support

Customer support

Regards,
Krishnamanikandan KS

krzychuxxx
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Ok, but how do they know that i have installed Your app and few second later i've got an email? This can't be a coincidence.

Venkat_YM
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @krzychuxxx 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

McAfee wouldn't send scam emails and not share any customer details with anyone. Please confirm whether you have subscribed to McAfee and installed it properly on the device. Kindly share the screenshot of the McAfee software that you have installed it.

Regards,
Venkat

EdCo
Contributor II
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Because i see 3 langauges in that screenshot^^

Allways check the source from where you download it

Dave-Seth
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution
As you can imagine, the “McAfee Critical Virus Alert” pop-up is nothing more than a scam and anything it states is just false. If you have been redirected to the “McAfee Critical Virus Alert” ads, we recommend closing the page and do not enter any personal information. It can be either a browser hijacker which changes the browser settings, or adware. In the latter case, pop-up ads are appearing not only on your browser but also while using the device in general. However, sometimes pop-up ads or redirects can be a result of other websites trying to earn money from ads.
Regards :typing test
JulieNester
Contributor II
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

yes exactly, I have never seen about McAfee scaming, It may be misunderstanding or be being some technical glitch

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community