cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swedberg71
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Repeated McAfee notices appearing on my Mac

Using a iMac and have started getting repeated small notices appearing on the upper right of my desktop saying my McAfee had expired, renew now, turn on McAfee, Turn on and click to run, or similar little messages.  Never had McAfee...how do I get these to stop or eliminate what's generating them.

2 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 3

Re: Repeated McAfee notices appearing on my Mac

Hi @swedberg71,

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly revert with the required details to help you regarding the issue.

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

slimmy0
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Repeated McAfee notices appearing on my Mac

You have allowed push notifications from your browser for some dodgy sites. Disable all browser push notifications.

In Firefox: Go to Settings --> Privacy and Security --> Scroll to Permission block and click on the settings button for Notifications --> Click on Remove all websites

In Chrome: Go to Settings --> Privacy and Security --> Notifications Then block notifications for any site that you don't know https://omegle.onl/ 

In Safari: Choose Safari > Settings. Click Websites, then click Notifications. Deselect “Allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications.

If that does not help, consider resetting your browsers.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community