cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DB74
Contributor II
Message 1 of 13

Remove McAfee Spam and pop up messages

Does anyone know how to remove the annoying pop up messages from McAfee.  I've had one a couple of times now which takes up the whole screen and there is no close button, so had to restart the laptop to get rid of it.  I note that this issue has been raised quite a few times, but there doesn't seem to be any answer only a private message reply!  Thanks

12 Replies
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 13

Re: Remove McAfee Spam and pop up messages

Hi Team,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kindly share the screenshot of the pop up for better understanding to help you further.

Reegards,
Venkat

DB74
Contributor II
Message 3 of 13

Hi.  I haven't had another instance of the pop up which needs a reboot yet, but I do keep getting the ones in the bottom right hand corner which are very annoying when presenting to clients.  Can you advise how I can stop all the pop ups?  Thanks

Venkat_YM
Message 4 of 13

Hi @DB74 

We have requested for a screenshot, could you please share it.

Regards,
Venkat

DB74
Contributor II
Message 5 of 13

Here's one of the pop upsMcafee1.jpg

DB74
Contributor II
Message 6 of 13

Here's another one
Mcafee2.jpg

DB74
Contributor II
Message 7 of 13

And another one (again).  I need to stop these as it is impacting my work.  If the pop ups can't get removed then please let me know.

Mcafee3.jpg

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 13

Unless Marketing changes their mind set these are to stay. They seem to feel I suppose that more buy them than leave. They are strangely not in trial versions. I had a 5 year trial till recently and never saw 1.

Really needs an off button

DB74
Contributor II
Message 9 of 13

Yet another one, whilst demonstrating to clients again!  This is not acceptable as nothing was mentioned when I purchased the software that I would be bombarded with messages!
Mcafee4.jpg

DB74
Contributor II
Message 10 of 13

And another one and I haven't even restarted my laptop!  Please can someone advise how I can stop the pop up messages.  Had I knew about the messages then I wouldn't have purchased and installed McAfee as it's impacting my job!
Mcafee5.jpg

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community