Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijaya
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Outlook Addin Issue

Untitled.jpg

I am having the attached eeror everytime I start Outlook 2007,What should I do??

7 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

Re: Outlook Addin Issue

Hi Vijaya,

If you uninstall McAfee Anti-Spam while Microsoft Outlook is open, there is a possibility that Microsoft Outlook will display an error that the McAfee Anti-Spam Add-in could not be installed or loaded the next time Outlook is launched.

Removing an application while other applications are open and active can cause program files to remain in use, preventing your computer from properly removing those files. McAfee recommends that you close all running programs before beginning an uninstall.

Open Microsoft Outlook 2007, and click OK to bypass any errors that display.
Click the Tools menu.
Click Trust center.
Select the Add ins option.
Click Go for COM add ins & Disable the add-in for McAfee Anti-Spam.

Note : check the same for all the options (Com add ins/Disabled Items / Exchange Client Extensions) under Manage (pls see image)

Add ins.PNG

Close  out look & reopen it  Let us know if you still have any issues

Thread moved to Antispam section

Regards,

okv
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 8

Vijaya,

Please specify what McAfee products you have installed (check your About box).

The path in picture attached does not suggest it is Anti-Spam related - C:\Program Files\McAfee\ManagedVirusScan .

I did check with Consumer Virus Scan team, they don't support Outlook plug-in.

vijaya
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

Dinesh,

Thank you very much for your reply,I can not see the McAfee Addon in the list..

vijaya
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

1.jpg

I have uninstalled the whole product,reinstalled it,still no change,its doing the same...

neo
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

Outlook Addin Issue

Looks like the add-in is pointing to the wrong location. It should be c:\program files\common files\mcafee\system core.

try the following :

Delete the EXTEND.DAT File. 

Close Microsoft Outlook.

Click Start, Search, For Files or Folders.

In the All or part of the file name box, type extend.dat.

Click More advanced options and select the following:

Include subfolders

Search hidden files and folders.

NOTE:
In some cases, EXTEND.DAT is hidden by the operating system. Selecting this option ensures that all instances of EXTEND.DAT are found.

In the Look in list, select My Computer, and click Find Now.

In the search results, right-click each instance of EXTEND.DAT and click Delete.

NOTE: If more than one profile exists in Outlook, an EXTEND.DAT file will be created for each profile. If the installed location of the VirusScan software changes, delete EXTEND.DAT for each profile on the system. By default, EXTEND.DAT can be found in the following locations:

Windows XP: 
\documents and Settings\<userprofile>\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook

Windows Vista:
\users\<username>\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook

Delete the EXTEND.DAT File. 

The EXTEND.DAT file includes a cache of Outlook add-ins that are selected in the Add-in Manager. Deleting EXTEND.DAT will cause Outlook to verify the selected extensions and recreate the file when Outlook is next launched.

atsoidea
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Hi Dinz,

I had the same problem.

I followed your directions and it worked!

Thanks.

levingpa
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Hi Dinz,

This worked for me too.

Kind regards

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community